workshop repair manual ferrari 458 italia | FerrariChat

workshop repair manual ferrari 458 italia

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by cristianoronald, Sep 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cristianoronald

Sep 7, 2009
    hello.where can download the workshop manual repair for the 458 italia?
    i wanted it in every sites and no is possible.thank you for your help

2. cristianoronald

Sep 7, 2009
    please can help me anybody?i bought a 458 crash and i need repair.thanks

3. Street&Track

Street&Track Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    I don't believe that they are publicly available. You might want to get with your dealer and talk with the technicians. After some trust, oen of the technicians might let you copy one or more parts of the manual but don't hold your breath. Those manuals are computerbased now and they may or may not allowing printing. Sorry to hear you crashed it. Good Luck.

4. radix

radix Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    The official website for the distribution of Ferrari service information in the US is http://www.ferraritechinfo.com/

This website is Ferrari's distribution point for service info as a member of the National Automotive Service Task Force (NASTF).

So far they have not released the 458 info yet as far as I can see and I am not sure what the timing would be.

As an interesting side note. Mass. passed a law specifically requiring auto manufacturers to release service data beyond their own dealer networks, this might force a faster release than the voluntary release under the NASTF - and it includes access to tools too.

http://www.malegislature.gov/Bills/187/House/H04362

http://www.aftermarketnews.com/Item/103237/right_to_repair_passes_massachusetts_state_legislature.aspx

"Specifically, the agreement would:

· Mandate that car companies immediately make available to the independent vehicle repair industry the same tools, software and repair information that they make available to the franchised dealers.

· Require that, beginning in model year 2018, car companies maintain all of their software and service information in an electronic database that is available to consumers and independent service facilities on a subscription basis. Further, car companies would need to provide access to their diagnostic and repair software through a standardized interface that will mean reduced capital costs for independent repairers and that they will access to the most up-to-date tools that are now often only available to franchised dealer technicians."

5. cristianoronald

Sep 7, 2009
    thank you very much friends.

6. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Federal government already mandates almost all of this. You can already purchase the tools and the technical documentation from Ferrari, or any other manufacturer. The bill does not state there is a cost requirement so I see no change for an independent as they are welcome to puchase equipment, technical information, tools now.
    The manufacturers do not provide these items free for dealerships.
    SD3= $20k plus
    DEIS=$30k
    Subscription for the technical documentation and the license agreements on the diagnostic equipment is $1,000 a quarter plus the costs for technician training which run $5k-$15k
    Plus all the special tools that just show up whether you want/need them or not at a huge cost.
    Once the independents step up to purchase these items there hourly rates will be virtually identical to the dealers just to cover the costs. There are many very qualified independents that already have purchased the equipment and there costs are in line with the dealers.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  7. bowbells

bowbells Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Guernsey
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    None of which is available for a McLaren! Even the paint codes are n.a.

Almost all manufacturers are compliant with the need to make info and tools available. It does come at a considerable cost and investment even for mundane Toyotas. The difference is that the volume allows for pirated copies to become available, plus information in Alldata, etc., etc..

Won't happen with the small volume cars, plus many now are scanned and programmed directly via a factory connection.

Body/frame repairs have been frowned upon for the last few years since the advent of 360/430s and are suggested done at approved facilities. My guess is that relevent info to those repairs is still harder to come by.

8. mb 911

mb 911 Rookie

Mar 4, 2013
  9. 458 Baby

458 Baby Rookie

Apr 15, 2013
    Looking for a shop manual too. Do not wish to line the pockets of unscrupulous ebay sellers if there is another source for the PDF version.

10. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
  11. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
  12. RipVega

RipVega Karting

Jan 12, 2014
    Berkshire
  13. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
  14. action-ant

action-ant Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Bumping this back up. I had a manual pdf two years ago and just discovered my hard drive had crashed and lost the file. Would appreciate any help! I looked at eBay, and I can't tell which are legit and some seem a little sketchy. *sigh*

Thanks for any help,

Anthony

15. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Send me an email, not PM. Don't PM me your email - send me an email.

16. action-ant

action-ant Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Email sent. Thanks Dave for the quick response!

17. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    #18 RayJohns, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    PM me if you're still looking. I have some docs downstairs in my office, including a service manual. Does not cover the motor or transmission, but it covers just about everything else. All manual donations via PayPal help fund my girlfriend's VS shopping & shoe fetish...

Ray

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Pocty likes this.
  18. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
  19. TCfromUB

TCfromUB Rookie

Nov 20, 2013
    Do you mind PMing me that link? I don't have PM ability yet I guess because I haven't posted before. Thank you!

20. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    Anyone have a source to get a 488 manual?

DougF likes this.
  21. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Not that I know about; it was also not easy to obtain the 458 WSM …

Let us know when you find it please :)

22. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Hey, a little new here... How do I PM? Sorry to bump an old thread.

23. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Welcome to the forum Chad. These days, you click on the person's name, then click the information tab and then click "start a conversation"

Ray

24. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Okay, thank you very much