World of Wheels-WOW! | FerrariChat

World of Wheels-WOW!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Jan 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Frankie and I hit the World of Wheels at McCormick place EAST, (The old building along the Lake) Today. Lots of Neato cars. And this year they are featuring Original old fashioned-Old School- Hot Rods from the late 40's through the 50's and into the 60's. Now they call 'em "Rat Rods". I'll post a few,but if you get a chance, you should try to make it down there tomorrow. They are open on Sunday,too. (Rick....I thought you were bringing the Daytona down there....?....)

Plus,they had lots of other cool custom stuff.

We cleaned out all of the Vendors of everything Ferrari that they had. Picked up 6 more 1:18 Ferrari's. And a few 1:64. Some other stuff too.

Kurt from Lombard was there with both of his cars. The Dragula and the Giant Skull car. Enjoy........:)

2. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Yea I was suppose to but the group screwed up and only 4 cars out of 14 went in with Ogden Trim display. They wanted the cars in on Wed and I had a certification test all day so had to drop out. Yea I was pissed, especially since the weather was great to drive it down there. We went Friday night and helped set up and party. My friends were next to the VooDoo Club display - now that's a real strange group. My lady and I were going to go again Saturday till she called up early crying. Her son went to break up some fight at a party and got involved, out numbered and got beat up pretty bad so we drove down to see him on Sat since we are going out of town for a few weeks of business and pleasure. I'll report sitings from Tahoe and Vegas over the next few weeks.

3. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Best cars at the show:
    up front - 72 Stock but loaded 454 Blue Chevelle white int and top, almost had exact copy of that one

up front - Floose designed custom - great color combo

by us /VooDoo display 32 Deuce with gray int

Wish I had a check book big enough to buy all three

My lady's son is ok just bruised, very lucky - thanks for those who asked, she feels better now that she saw him

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah, there were some pretty cool cars there. I took pix with my Digital camera. But when I tried to post 'em, they were a little too big. So, now I have to ACTUALLY READ the Instruction manual and see if there's anyway that I can shrink them, just a little bit, in order to fit. I got alot of great shots.

Did you see the Giant Skull Car and the DRAGULA? Those belong to Kurt from Lombard. He's a cool guy. And he said that we can takes photos of our cars with his anytime.

5. smoney

smoney Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    2-2-06: anyone catch the"whitesox champs hayabusa motorcycle"???-just wondering cause that's one of my bikes that's currently for sale. It was on display (along with a spiderman hayabusa and other bikes)-my friends metal polishing business.-just wondering what anyone thought???

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah. My Son and I saw it. It looks great! It is also on the cover of the "Motorcycle" section of this months 'Gearhead News- Local Motorsport and Racing' publication. Very Cool! But, junior, (8 yrs.old) was more in love with the Spiderman Bike. I got opix of him in front of them