Would the Jax Jaguars move to Chicago/Soldier Field? | FerrariChat

Would the Jax Jaguars move to Chicago/Soldier Field?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by pilotoCS, Aug 26, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  2. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    JAX is not an NFL worthy city. How they got a franchise I'll never know. Maybe he could move the franchise to the Fort Worth, TX area? They could use a professional football team. :cool:

GuyIncognito likes this.
  3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Neither is Buffalo or Green Bay.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    If I recall, JAX was in the playoffs quite a few times,
    and then they sold out to a cheapskate owner in 2011 and it's been downhill ever since.
    They have had just ONE winning season since that clown took over - 10 years ago.

Everything I read says the city of Chicago (or whoever 'owns' Soldier Field) refuses
    to put ANY money into it, it's rumored to be a worse field than where Philly plays.

Ft Worth will NEVER EVER be a possibility. Did I say NEVER?
    Do you really think Jerry Jones would allow that?
    Jerry boosted the value of every team in the NFL by billions, almost all of the owners
    will do what Jerry says to do... I am not so sure he would even allow San Antonio....

If anyone gets a team, it will be Portland, or, if Oakland moves, a new team would
    probably end up in Oakland the same way Baltimore got a team after the Colts moved to
    Indy.

GatorFL likes this.
  5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    #5 GuyIncognito, Aug 29, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    agreed.

they got the franchise by default...there were 4 cities going for 2 expansion franchises. Charlotte was a lock. other franchise was between Jax, Baltimore and STL.

somehow STL and Baltimore screwed up their proposals badly enough that Jax got it as the last man standing.

this article explains why STL didn't get the franchise :p https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1993-11-17-9311170119-story.html

(btw I forgot Memphis was in the running too)

history and very loyal fan bases. Cincinnati or Detroit would be better arguments.

and no, I don't think Chicago will get the Jags. hopefully the Jags get a new owner, but he's bought off too many local politicians for that to happen

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Whisky...my "Ft. Worth" comment was an attempt at humour to see if Tom C. was reading this thread. Also, Philly had arguably the worse field/stadium in the league back in the Vet days, but they've been at Lincoln Financial for quite some time...good facility. Tom's probably so thrilled with his Mets he hasn't thought about football.

7. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Sorry.
    Sometimes humor and sarcasm is lost on me.... if you haven't noticed.

Steelton Keith likes this.
  8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I attended a Thanksfiving night game at the Linc some years ago and found it quite nice. It probably had the best nightime field lighting of any stadium or ballpark that I've ever been in.

9. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Funny how they fill their stadiums.

You could have said the same thing about the Chargers two years ago,
    and the Rams for quite a few years.
    Is Las Vegas an 'NFL' city?
    Is Charlotte?
    Houston?
    Cincinnati?

It seems - like with EVERY sport - all it takes is to WIN, and you are an xyx sport 'city'.

10. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I will say Charlotte has the worst stadium I've been to in last 10 years. Not to mention the fact that they play 10-15 seconds of LOUD music ( 50 year old rock, annoying rap, you get the picture) after EVERY stoppage in play.

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    In most cities it takes winning to fill up a stadium. But very large cities like New York are the exception; they are so big that they can find enough people to fill up the place no matter how bad the team is. Back when the Giants were simply awful, the stadium in the Meadowlands was still full every Sunday!

12. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Of course NY is different from the rest of the world - in every way possible.

13. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Well Jim, the stadium WAS full until mid way through the 3rd quarter with the Jets and Giants. Instead of $ 18 beers, fans decamp to the parking lot to drink what they brought from home....

Gatorrari likes this.
  14. Shazip

Shazip Rookie

Jun 27, 2022
    Full Name:
    Carl Johansen
    I don't really see why he would. They just drafted a #1 overall QB and yeah they suck, but would things be any different if they sucked in Chicago? Plus there's probably tax considerations in Florida that help a billionaire.

15. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Have you ever been to Solider Field in the winter? Why would any sane individual want to be there in the winter?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    There's no winter in Chicago. Wimps live there. They hardly get a real snowfall.
    Yah gotta be a couple hundred miles north to get winter. I like it. It keeps the wimps away. Didn't figure you for a wimp, Dale.

Sent from my SM-A102U using FerrariChat.com mobile app