WTB: cleam and fairly priced 355 GTS | FerrariChat

WTB: cleam and fairly priced 355 GTS

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by seateddime, Jan 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. seateddime

seateddime Karting

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have never found the right 355 GTS but am looking for one.

I am located in South Florida.

I want a lower mile car that is clean, well serviced and no issues. Aside from that I am fairly open.

I have seen some people ask silly money for these so have turned those down but will pay a fair price.

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    What is your idea of a fair price? The market is increasing and low mile, pristine cars are in demand. Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale has a 12k mile GTS for $139K

3. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Yes they do, but I agree with him about the speculation on these cars and some of the ridiculous asking prices, and 139k is a Good example

4. mosierjr

mosierjr Karting

Sep 29, 2009
    Texas USA
    Full Name:
    J.R.
    Buyers always want last years prices when demand is going up. Sellers always want last years prices when things are declining. In the end, the market always decides where "fair" pricing actually resides, and it's always defined by wherever the transactions occur.

What non-participants to a given transaction think prices "should" be is always irrelevant.

Have a happy new year everyone. I for one hope 2016 sellers keep asking for silly money to test where prices are really headed. When people stop buying they will settle somewhere for awhile. Prices rarely stay stagnant indefinitely.

5. 8500rpm

8500rpm Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Chan
    Find the right car with an asking price that's not stratospheric, and make an offer.

If you're expecting to spend $65-80k, the car asking $139k probably won't work out.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    miller has as clean as one ur gonna find

fair is relative - and miller usually gets their price

7. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Never ask a Ferrari owner what he thinks a fair price for his car or similar car is. Everyone thinks that because certain vintage models are now appreciating that their mass-produced car is appreciating as well. Rather look at recent sales (live auctions and ebay auctions) and draw your own conclusions. I believe Hemmings has some objective data as well based on actual prices paid, not asking prices. Don't look at dealer prices either, they are inflated for the most part. 355s are a special case due to 1. the header/valve problem; 2. not user serviceable; 3. a lot were imported and they are now yesterday's car, needing expensive maintenance in most cases. Somewhere on the 355 forum there is a link to a youtube video where the owner of a red spyder is lamenting he can't sell it for love or money as the belt service is overdue, and he can't afford the belt service. The header/valve issue probably enters into it somewhere as well. Just know that a major service with headers and valve guides replaced (and you would be dumb to pull th engine and not address these ticking time bombs) is about $20K if you are lucky. There is a 355 on Ebay needing all this (plus it has accident history) and the owner can't sell it for $38K.

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    fwiw the post ur referring to shldnt be taken seriously in any way, shape, form.

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I'm +1 dollar on all those bids

10. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Russ, I don't think much of what you said has relevance.

"I want a lower mile car that is clean, well serviced and no issues. Aside from that I am fairly open."

Believe it or not there are many well sorted F355's at this point because as you mentioned they are "yesterday's car". I think the OP is aware the car is 20 years old and not a brand new 488 and yet he is still here with a wanted ad searching for one.

Not user serviceable certainly depends on the user. Someone can work on a 328/348 or 360/430 but not the 355?

Your youtube video example is literally worst case scenario. A car in poor condition that has been neglected. I don't recall the OP saying that is the type of vehicle he is searching for.

Your eBay example again, not in the least bit matching the description of clean, well serviced and no issues.