WTB F355 TCU simulator | FerrariChat

WTB F355 TCU simulator

Discussion in '348/355' started by sec16518, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sec16518

sec16518 Rookie

May 27, 2018
    I am looking to buy a TCU simulator for the bypass valve temp.....Any leads on one would be great. Seems like Goth is out of the picture at this point....

2. wbt

wbt Karting

Nov 28, 2014
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    I drew up and posted instructions a couple of years ago a unit to do this. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/simple-2-7-slow-down-ecu-replacement-only-for-no-cats.538719/#post-145063031 Quite easy to bypass. My intention was to create a bypass for de-catted cars and I only tested it on a 2.7 car which 100% resolved the slow down light issues. I can potentially put something together for you, but it will be on an "all care, no responsibility basis" as I no longer have access to a 355, and I really strongly recommend against bypassing overtemp circuitry when cats are still installed.

The risk is clear: if you do indeed have a cat overheat problem the bypass will hide it and result in risk of a fire.

If you're happy to accept the above risk then I would be interested to see if it works on a 5.2 car. Fire me a PM and we can work out getting you a test unit.

3. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    #3 Beetle, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    I have one in Australia. I made mine and from these drawings/guidelines and it's a 5.2 version for the bypass valve. I have checked my cats multiple times and everything is spot on, No issues at all. Very easy to make and components are super easy to get. I just set my volt values as per the instructions. I know there was some negative feedback and that's fine everyone is entitled to there opinion. My car had no cats when I got it and I installed cats so its compliant in Australia. Again I've had no issues other than after installing new mini cats having to put sensor extensions on the post cat sensors. I would sell one I made 3 off them. If your interested let me know and I would set the voltage and post to you.

4. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Forgot to mention I'm happy to post a picture if required.