WTF 599 DINo test mule | Page 4 | FerrariChat

WTF 599 DINo test mule

Discussion in '612/599' started by blackenzo, Aug 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    You're gonna hate this!..........Bugatti is planning a sub 100,000 Euro, production car to capitalize on the new brand awareness and also to try and recover the enormous capital investment that VAG sunk into the Veyron. More than likely it will be based on the new Audi R8.

Regarding "entry level" concerns - the new Ferrari will be positioned exactly where the 308/328/348 was price wise and will certainly be a better car. Unless you act swiftly you will find yourself on a long waiting list. Current Ferrari production is oversubscribed several times over, so an 80% increase in output won't come anywhere close to satisfying demand. I suspect somehow that a mini cooper may be more your speed :)

2. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    again, why is there widespread disdain for an entry-level Ferrari when Ferrari has made entry-level cars for years? the F430 is entry-level. the 599 is not. what other newer F-car is currently below the F430 in price and performance? how is $140k-$170K much different from when the first F430 was brand new?

and the pending waiting lists for this new car --that will probably near double the price. and if it is called a Dino, why is that name so hated all of a sudden? i thought people who owned a bona fide Dino were proud of that car, particularly the 206/246 series which have dramatically increased in value over recent times, being some of the best designs by Pininfarina. but if you own a Dino you are loser?

3. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    why should that, too, be "hated?" at sub $100k euros, that is still well beyond most people's range; a Bugatti production car will undoubtedly be made in vastly smaller numbers compared to other makes of cars.

4. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Are you this literal with everything? It is a humorous reply to a humorous post. No-one hates anything in this context. We are making fun of the very idea you are so serious about. We love Dino's, especially if we own them at these crazy prices! We love Ferraris at any price! we're just having fun, but you clearly have some issues. Did you buy that 550 yet or is still a tad pricey for you? It is way under a 100,0000 Euros :)

5. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Alex, you forgot the trail of crap in their wakes.

6. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I learned that this summer; a duck made its home in my pool and left a mess in the water it swam in. I had to resort to extreme measures.

7. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    did it taste good?

8. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Yin, you had Chuck Norris clean your pool? :D

9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    No ammo for PETA. I laid a trail of feed out of the pool, gave it tender care and introduced it to an opposite gender duck in the nearby park. Yup, that's what I did :rolleyes:.

10. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    my apologies, then. the overall tone has been that the entry-level prospect of a Dino is somehow blasphemous and would taint and dilute the whole Ferrari image. this has been widely discussed before. didn't come off as a joke to me, really. i guess everyone was joking or kidding, then, when posting about it here and in prior threads. so nobody at all has ever taken issue with entry-level Ferraris with the Dino name? ok. i guess black is white today. however many of the posts seemed actually quite serious. i guess i'm not accustomed to such a widespread use of sarcasm and joking.

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... ;)

12. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    and the opposite gender duck was a 12 gauge, right???

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Noah, you seem unnaturally consumed with the mating rituals of ducks, this isn't the right forum to get into those details :D.

Back to the point of how ducks foul their own water...

14. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    You imposed gender bias with a duck? You should have offered a same and opposite gender duck, a goose, a cow, and a Dino to avoid further cloudy pools.
    Humor and sarcasm often murk the waters of those with insufficient Cl- in their gene pools.

15. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    i'm still left wondering why, for some, any mention of the Dino name revival, even at a generally unaffordable and unlikely price of $140,000 (which would climb sharply upon first sales) is tantamount to death to Ferrari. someone please explain this rationale. anyone. i don't quite understand.

16. onlyreal

onlyreal Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    istanbul
    Full Name:
    oguz goker
    Thank you guys thank you

i was planning to order my f 430 spyder in this saturday (and will be delivered on december) and you guys f.cked my mind

time to think about lambo again,

if they ever release dino then it will of course decrease the brand of ferrari (boxster- porsche -chayanne-porsche (two case story))

believe it or not when i was a child we always keep ferraris and porsche s in same level. Now everybody knows ferrari is something different than porsche(i am a porsche owner)

anyway my biggest concern is i am gonna give like 500k to f430 spyder(Turkey) and if they ever relase a f460 or something more smaller it will decrease my cars value too much in second hand(i am planing to sell car in 2009 to buy new f460)

17. mini2

mini2 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 25, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Paul

80% increase on production is hell of a lot.

i have a mini cooper :D

18. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Enough with Dinos....back to the duck discussion please.......much more interesting!

19. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    how is a Porsche Boxster on parallel with a possible Dino --regardless of what it is called-- in price and number of units built? how has the Boxster decreased the brand of Porsche?

20. onlyreal

onlyreal Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    istanbul
    Full Name:
    oguz goker
    answer is easy

it makes porsche reachable buy everyone. I think myself is very good example, i bought a cayman s to learn using sport car and i know now i am ready for ferrari.

21. Joe360

Joe360 Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Germany&Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ok, maybe icemanbops can shed some more light on this topic, he seems to be very credible.

Here's what he posted in the "599+599" thread:

22. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007

With the 430's performance & with the 430's successor to have even more blistering performance. Ferrari needs a real "entry" level car with about 400-450 hp & it should stay between those hp #s. I don't see anything wrong with them making rougly 9,000 cars a year. That's still ultra exclusive in today's global market.

23. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    a Boxster or Cayman is not reachable by everyone even though by Porsche's standards is "cheap." it is an impractical 2-seater sports car that is a toy. most people do not buy these, nor can afford them. most people in general cannot afford a Porsche nor a Ferrari. they are exclusive brands.

and both Porsche and Ferrari have made their versions of entry-level cars for decades. so these companies have been diminished in name and prestige for decades? how is a $140,000-$170,000 F-car reachable by everyone?! ---> it's not.

how is a limited production $170,000 car comparable to a Boxster? --> it's not.

24. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Perhaps you test drove some Boxsters or Caymans but never checked into the prices. Typical lease rates (not advisable, but oh so common in yesterday's cheap credit world) are $500/month or $6000/year. Hardly out of reach for anyone that makes that choice.

25. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    yes, it's nowhere near a Ferrari price. i'm not refuting that. it's "cheap."

yet as stated, it is nonetheless an expensive impractical 2-seater toy. most people do not ever buy or lease such cars. it's not within reach of everyone. and that is a cheap yet prestigious sports car. the decades-long offering of entry-level Porsches has not forsaken the name of Porsche. nor has it put a Porsche in the driveway of everyone.

with a cheap entry-level Porsche:

1. Porsche is not forsaken
    2. Porsche still remains out of reach of most

as well, the Boxster is not on parallel with a $140k-$170k Ferrari entry-level car. not ever. an entry-level Ferrari, a new model, is business-as-usual. upping output an extra few thousand Ferraris annually, even if called Dino, will no more diminish it's reputation than the earth is flat.

the Dino stands as a pivotal engine and car saga that essentially cemented Ferrari as able to remain a world contender in it's earlier racing history, carrying it forward to today, a golden link. without Dino, Ferrari would not be what it is; the name should be respected if anything.