WTF 599 DINo test mule | Page 5 | FerrariChat

WTF 599 DINo test mule

Discussion in '612/599' started by blackenzo, Aug 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #101 ylshih, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Still blathering away. onlyreal actually owns a Cayman S and knows more about what a given real owner of that car thinks and feels about the Porsche marque today than you do.

This is not a comment in support of or against Boxsters, Caymans or Dinos; it's a comment about your fondness for pompous, repetitive and unproven opinions as "refutations" for facts and experience.

Quack, quack.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    haha, I was thought that Bonzelite is somehow the US Cousin of 512 Tea R, only without the money.

3. onlyreal

onlyreal Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    istanbul
    Full Name:
    oguz goker
    no need to argue

what i am saying is very easy, ferrari is ferrari
    it is ferrari because it is cheapest car is more expensive than most expensive porsche
    and porsches best model is in the same range of ferrari entry car(911 turbo-f430) and trying to race with it

if a porsche buyer can buy ferrari he will buy ferrari instead of porsche no doubt

if you make a carrera ferrari then exclusivity=0 for me

i wish car taxes are not mad in here (%120 tax) i d go for konisseggs too

this is exotic car game and it requires brand exclusivity.

4. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    this is about confronting the laughable falsehoods about using the Dino name and the erroneous belief that how for some reason another entry-level Ferrari will deface and malign Ferrari's image. no such thing is going to happen. Dino or not. an extra 5 or 10 thousand cars annually or not. it is as simple as that.

this has nothing to do with anything but that. your insistence that it is otherwise is entirely unfounded and pointless. actually owning a Cayman or a school bus or a frying pan has nothing to do with anything relevant to this topic whatsoever.

that's a cute little ducky by the way!

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Err, no. This is about whether or not the spy photos have anything to do with a Dino. YOU want to make it about whether or not a Dino will be good or bad for Ferrari. Still that pompous attitude with opinion masquerading as fact.

Quack, quack.

6. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    hahaha you're back for more. amazing.

the conversation as such began before i ever posted in this thread. and on more than one occasion. i simply refuted the claims, that which have been stated in this thread and in various others previously. the idea of Dino = "bad" is based in nothingness.

7. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #107 Sfumato, Aug 22, 2007
  8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    What's amazing is how clueless you still are after lots of friendly and not so friendly advice. I'm not going anywhere; where you go is still to be determined.

9. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    i'm not doing anything outside of forum rules or guidelines. unlike you, my posts are not immature and reaching personal attacks. i offer salient rebuttal that is fully supported. you apparently have a personal problem with that.

10. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    the thread was on the topic of what i have been talking about before i ever came into the thread.

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You take yourself far too seriously.

12. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    if that is your view, and my ideas are easily dismissed and not to be taken seriously, then fully support the view that i have offered rebuttal for. use some of your original thoughts.

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #113 ylshih, Aug 23, 2007
    That would be taking YOU seriously.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    There won't be a Frankfurt motor show in 2008... either in '09 or in a few weeks, but not in 2008.

15. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    ylshih, no real answers from you ever, though. just avoidance.

Dino = bad ---> support why that widely held view has any validity as you seem to champion that view with constant put-downs and cute graphic responses. but actually explain why this view should be maintained for the international community to consider.

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You still don't get it. A) You don't know what I think about new or old Dino's because I've never said what I think. B) I'm not in a debate with you, I'm pointing out that your "debating" technique is to consistently take book information, put a self-centered spin on some position with no or little experience about it and treat that as gospel truth in your own mind, then wear your "opponents" down with repetition, while discounting their real experience and knowledge, until you think you've "won". But what's actually happened is that they've just thrown up their hands at what a waste of time it is to try to have an intelligent conversation with you and gone off to more productive activities. You need to learn the meaning of the last two words in IMHO. Millions of people have paper knowledge about Ferraris, the few thousand people who have personal knowledge are much fewer and where the real value of this forum arises. We have enough blowhards, near frauds and actual frauds as it is, we don't need any more.

17. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    cool. finally some actual thoughts from you. you still have not answered the question, but i see your points fully. i will address them.

most people do not own an example of every car that they may hold views over. that is not plausible. yet knowledge of other cars, and opinions based on that, can be formed regardless. i would say many people on here, at least lurking, do not even own a Ferrari. and those owning them do not possess an ultimate opinion that is necessarily more qualified.

owning an actual car doesn't necessarily qualify one to hold a more informed opinion of that car in every instance. you probably do not own a Dino of any kind (if you do then pardon my oversight). you probably don't own an army tank, a penguin, a giraffe, or 747 jet liner either. most people do not. ownership of something is not the passcard to having a more valid idea of the car or object. some owners of cars have no idea what their car is about. you have probably encountered this in your own experience. i certainly have.

when there are repeated rebuttals to a point, then each is addressed accordingly. if you repeatedly disagree, then further explanation and rebuttal is then offered. particularly about this issue that you have yet to provide an explanation for.

i tell you what, i will meet you half-way.

i will stop expecting any answer from you because it is clear that you have none. and i will stop talking about the issue with you as i have provided the better argument, being that, over the course of repeated requests, you have never provided any valid reasons to support your disagreements with my premise. as it stands, the held myth of Dino = bad is not substantiated upon scrutiny nor is true.

i will just sit back and enjoy your cute sarcastic graphical non-responses as you perpetually avoid the issues as presented when examined more carefully.

18. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    There you go again (I'm too bored with this to look for a Reagan pic). You presume that because it doesn't require ownership to have more knowledge that YOU have more knowledge. Neither did I restrict myself to ownership, I included experience. You have failed to demonstrate either, all you do is make sweeping statements.

Err, no. That's not quite what I had in mind.

19. blackenzo

blackenzo Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Peter C
    cmon guys...this is a great thread dont ruin it....

20. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Yes, you're right. Sorry, this took longer than I thought. Back to the thread ;).

21. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    My aunt has balls and I call her uncle

G