Xbox360 box size ? | FerrariChat

Xbox360 box size ?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by itsarevolution, Sep 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itsarevolution

itsarevolution Karting

Jan 16, 2004
    Westchester / NY
    Full Name:
    Cem O.
    Hi, I'm thinking of ordering an Xbox360 from Amazon , but I dont know which package to choose (core or) and which comes with everything (cables etc) for me to run it ready.
    And I will have to carry it on board on my flight back so is it a huge box or I can put it in a carry on luggage?

Thanks in advance

2. 4za

4za Formula 3

Feb 18, 2005
    Edmonds, WA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Go for the Premium version. So much more is included, such as a hard drive, wireless controller vs wired controller, HD cables, and posibbly other things as well... not too sure. If you purchase the hard drive seperately, then that would cost $100. You need to purchase a memory card with the Core system if you would want to save your games and those run $40 - you might as well spend the extra $60 (factoring in the memory card) and get the Premium version.

As for the box size, it should fit in a suitcase, but it depends on the size of the suitcase.

3. 03close

03close Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Toby
    Definately go for the Premium or you'll probably regret it.

4. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Box size was not much bigger than the game unit itself. Go for the one that has the Hard drive and wireless controler. You won't regret it.

5. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    dimensions!!!!???

6. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'll measure the box when I get home. I'll post later. I think that the wife packed it in the basement already.

7. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    cool. gf's parents are going OS next week so i'm thinking about getting them to do a duty free thing for me on it, don't want to bulk up their luggage too much though. :p the premium pack is $650 here.

8. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Are the wattages the same in AU? This thing comes with a HUGE transformer that gets pretty hot on 110v. Maybe one of those wattage converter thingies would work. The plug is just a regular plug, not one of those big boxy looking things. $650 is a chunk, as it is $399 here in the USofA. I will measure and post when I get home this evening, I'm at work until after 9:00 east coast time.

9. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Maybe she could buy it here and Fed-Ex it back to ya' if it won't fit in the luggage.

10. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    It's bulky and heavy.......

I would shoot you if you asked me -

The Premium box is 7x12x13

The console weights 7lbs 7 oz and add, I would guess another 4 - 5 lbs for the accessories and power supply.

Yes get the premium......

11. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    duty is only 10% so i'd only save $65 bucks so maybe i'll just buy it local and get them to get me an iPod instead. :cool:

12. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Better idea....

Ipod weighs ounces - Even I would bring that back for you... ;)