yahoogroups maserati | FerrariChat

yahoogroups maserati

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Rik600, Sep 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rik600

Rik600 Rookie

May 11, 2010
    Hello,
    I registered me one month ago at yahoogroups to become a Member in the Maserati channel.
    But i'm waiting for the approval of the group owner since then.
    does someone know the admin or do i have to do something to get a member?
    Thank you very much,
    regards, Hendrik

2. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    It is pretty much a dead forum, even the GT forum is pretty much the same. This is the most active place for vintage and classic Maseratis.

3. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    There was always a problem with the moderator who started that group. That's one of the reasons, but not the only one, why it fell apart. There is a lot of great information in those old posts. Some of the data has been deleted by contributors though. If you can gain membership then maybe you can see the data portions.

You don't need to be a member to search & view the postings though. So have a look at them.

As Joe mentioned almost no one posts there any longer.

4. Rik600

Rik600 Rookie

May 11, 2010
    Ok, thank you.
    I've read many old posts, but I thought i could get some "extra" info from the members only section. Maybe someday i get my approval.

I'm glad I found this very active forum :)
    regards Hendrik

5. veloce49

veloce49 Karting

Jun 20, 2010
    Chevy Chase MD
    No doubt this is the best for Classic/Vintage Maseratis. Would like to have a Modern Maserati section as well. It may attract many who currently own them but aren't interested in the older cars. You know the younger generation.

6. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    That is happening over on Maserati Life, very active on the modern cars not so much on the vintage.

7. veloce49

veloce49 Karting

Jun 20, 2010
    Chevy Chase MD
    That site is turning to crap.

8. SandydeG

SandydeG Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2011
    Milford, NJ
    Full Name:
    Sandy de Groot
    Just butting in here, since we were members of the old Yahoo Maserati group since its inception, any Maserati owners vintage or modern are welcome to our upcoming Fall Open House October 16th, in beautiful Milford NJ 08848.

http://exoticars-usa.com/2011/fall-open-house-10162011/

9. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Don't hold back, just let it go! :D

Ciao,
    George

10. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Wish I was closer Sandy!!!

Mike

11. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I met a nice bunch of guys all modern Maserati owners this year at Le Belle Machinne and they were all active members on ************.

What seems to be the problem with that site?

12. veloce49

veloce49 Karting

Jun 20, 2010
    Chevy Chase MD
    I know who you mean from the Poconos meet. Something at the last minute kept me from attending. They are a great bunch but most of them aren't posting any more. IMO the problem is lots of juvenile posts and banter. Site recently dominated by a few "children" who like to flirt with any female poster. Several 20-somethings who only bought the car to attract females or impress their friends.

Sure wish more of the "serious" members would migrate here but would need a Modern Maserati page to attract them. Doesn't seem that most of them are too interested in the vintage brands.

13. SandydeG

SandydeG Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2011
    Milford, NJ
    Full Name:
    Sandy de Groot
    Sounds like you guys need a road trip in the Fiat 500! I want that car. Bad!

14. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Some of us are on both forums and are interested in the vintage brands as well as the modern cars. FerrariChat is definitley the forum for information on vintage Maseratis. The other forum is OK for 4200 series, current QP's and Gran Turisimos but lacking in vintage. Generally the other forum has helpful information on known issues and advice for potential purchasers of the modern cars. But some of the threads add nothing to the discussion. That said, that happens on this forum as well although not in the Maserati section. Expanding the Maserati section of F-Chat to include a "modern" subsection would be good.
    Jon
    2004 Maserati Spyder GT
    Vancouver

15. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Who's stopping you from starting what you think would be appropriate threads?

Sorry to hear that a bunch of non owner kids have invaded it. They need better moderating? I guess it's kind of like the Maserati section in Ebay now. A totally worthless place to go and full junk.

One attraction here is it's name is a bit of a misnomer. Exotic car chat is more the case. More neat stuff to see.

16. veloce49

veloce49 Karting

Jun 20, 2010
    Chevy Chase MD
    Most serious threads get hijacked by the goofballs. Enough from me about that.
    Others can decide for themselves. I am however reluctant to clutter this page with modern Maserati items, it seems to be a generally distinct audience between pre- and post-2001

Ciao

17. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Oh you shouldn't feel that way. I own no modern Maserati's but I'm fine with it.

I doubt anyone will object and if they do F them.

Just do it dude.

Don't let the appearance of old school Maserati stuff intimidate you.

Many of them like the new ones as well.

If I'm not interested in a particular thread I done look into it.