Yngwie Malmsteen's collection | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Yngwie Malmsteen's collection

Discussion in 'Florida' started by club0, Aug 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. htb3

htb3 Formula Junior

May 30, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Tom

2. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    Clapton is very good, but they're just worlds apart. You know what they say, apples and oranges...

But really, Malmsteen is one of the most influental guitarists ever, but in a totally different way than Clapton. Clapton is very mainstream, if you know what I mean? But Clapton is a legend, no denying that.

Malmsteen has his unique style, and he's sticking to it.

3. enzo60

enzo60 Rookie

Dec 17, 2005
    I have worked on his cars before and I know him as the "Rock Star" the nickname that we gave him.

4. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.

5. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Thing is, on the G3 tour, when Vai, Satriani and Malmsteen came out to play a cover (I forget which, Hendrix or Zeppelin or Neil Young), Vai & Satriani did appropriate solos in the vein of the original song, with their stylistic cues, but Malmsteen just did neoclassical in the middle of a blues song, it was just wrong.

Anyway, here's one of my candidate for one of the best guitarists, Allan Holdsworth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-NuC7UYJtU

6. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland

Hey, that sounds really interesting. What cars of his have you worked on? Have you seen the 250 GTO? Do you know anything about his other cars?

7. neilmac

neilmac Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Oakville, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Neil
    What's your source for this? Barchetta.cc does not indicate his ownership of a GTO, although it could quite possibly be out of date.

Neil

8. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    Well, I have seen him say that he owns one in a couple of interviews of which one featured pictures of his car too. And also, a fellow F-chatter has stated that Malmsteen owns a GTO. See here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135476425&postcount=15

9. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    Also, if you do a Google search "yngwie malmsteen ferrari gto" you'll find many sites that state that he has a GTO. The problem is that I can't find any pictures of it on the Net.

10. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    I haven't noticed his name on any lists of known 250 GTO owners.

You seem kinda fixated on obtaining info on his "GTO." Why?

KevFla

11. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    That is a just question and I know it is probably starting to sound as if I had some hidden agenda here, but to be honest I just like his music and I have a lot of respect for the man.
    I've listened to Malmsteen ever since my brother introduced me to his music many years ago. And since I play the guitar myself, (been playing for about 10 years now) I can really appreciate the inspiration although I personally prefer to play different type of music.

And since I'm also a Ferrari enthusiast I guess this is to me simply an interesting subject do research on. But frankly, that's all there is to it.

12. Tommy Vercetti

Feb 26, 2006
    S Fla & S Cal
    Full Name:
    What's it to ya?

A Mondial uhhh

That is one fugly guy w/ one fugly car.

13. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Awesome album!

14. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Respond to post #13. He crashed into a tree driving his Jaguar E Type, also the car is in the video of the song "You don't remember I'll never forget", nice car, but some months after the video it was crushed metal.

Respond to post #32. This was Yngwies answer to someone who asked him what other Ferrari he just bought, "Yes, I bought GTO 250"

15. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    When Yngwie ins't recording or on tour he spends his full time around his family in Miami and his ego trip was a thing of years ago, he is a very nice guy. I don't see why he wouldn't meet with other Ferrari owners, I could contact him, but I don't like to bother people.

16. Ferrari 1

Ferrari 1 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Benn Correale
    I know him, and have seen his GTO. It is a kit. Nice one, though. That's why you're not finding him on any registers.

As a technician, he is excellent. As far as soul and feeling, (IMHO) he doesn't necessarily make it cry or sing. Lots of scales and modes, delivered very quickly. Of course, that's what "shredding" is all about, and he is a master at shredding. I would love to be able to shred like that, I'm just too "old school".

Remember, it's not what you play that is important, it's what you DON'T play!

Me <----- Berklee College of Music Grad, '81. (sorry, had to plug Berklee).

one4torque likes this.
  17. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
  18. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
  19. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Darn...now I know who it is. He is over in Bay harbor every now and then with the GTO. I believe it is a replica or recreation though. He drives it quite often. I saw him once and though "darn rockers...":).

20. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    Thanks for the information! Wow, I am surprised to hear that his GTO is a replica...

21. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Not every rock star has an extra $8-10 million laying around for a play toy.

Scottie
    (not a rock star OR a millionaire - yet)

22. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I assume so since he parks it just anywhere on the street and leaves it unattended. If I had a $8M car I would not just leave it on the street. Just me. So I assume it is a recreation. It is pretty sweet though. Never heard it, just always parked on Kane Concourse.

The cops there know him too.

23. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Well if he owns the replica that I posted above then, I would like to find another one like it someday.

24. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH