Z06 Availability | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Z06 Availability

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Tomf-1, Jan 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

I don't know where that info came from. The car will have leather, standard heads up display, navigation as an option, power drivers seat and manual passenger seat to save weight. It will have most all of the same interior as the regular vette with the addition of some stitched on logos.

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    All Z06's will come with dual zone A/C and Leather(maybe have some alcantera to go along with it). Also the Z06 comes standard with HID lighting, fog lamps and Head-Up Display with track mode and g-meter. The the only options will be a Bose audio system with an in-dash six-CD Changer, polished wheels, a telescoping steering wheel, heated seats, side airbags, Navigation System, Homelink and XM Satellite radio. I got that information from General Motors. IMO if you get all the options then the car will be closer to $75K but it seems to be a fair price for what you get.

3. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Jeff you beat me to it.

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Thomas, my thoughts were merely speculation. I can only say that i"m sorry thta you are not a racer. This car is phenomenal on the track, at autocrosses, and the drag strip.

5. PrancingHorseFan

PrancingHorseFan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    delaware
    *sighs* looks like the new corvette is trying to compete with the exotics. when will chevy learn the corvette is a muscle car NOT a supercar. this is terrible. this thing according to chevy will be able to beat a ferrari 430, a lambo gallardo, hell even the 575M, and maybe run with the murcie. with lambo uping hp in the gallardo, and this new vette plus eventually a new 911 turbo coming out, probably something new from viper, the 430 is ONLY STARTING to look a little obsolete. (though i would take it over the zo6 easily, and im in no way putting the 430 down.) i think the hp power wars need to end, if they dont, the boundries of physics will stop it.

6. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Oh really, and here I thought all along it was trying to compete with economy cars? Oh wait, isn't the Corvette a LEV? Gasp this can't be true, the Corvettes gone green!

7. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I believe so. The C5 Z06 gets 30mpg going 80-85 on the freeway and the standard, more aerodynamic C5 gets 35mpg going 80-85 on the freeway. Much better than my half-the-horses/half-the-cylinders Honda which can only manage to get a best of 29.5, loaded up, top up at the same speeds.

8. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    Given the power to weight ratio, coefficient of drag, and aggressive gearing (3.42), I think this car will be almost unstoppable in the 1/4 mile. It will compete with the worlds best at a fraction of a price, yet it has supercar characteristics (dry sump, etc.). I am predicting a 7:45 time around the N-ring! I am very excited for this car, and to be honest, I dont really care too much for my C5 Z06!

Here is a picture for you guys in Silver.

http://webpages.charter.net/rogassian/DSC04944.JPG

http://webpages.charter.net/rogassian/DSC04931.JPG

9. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast

35mpg at 80 to 85 would be pretty tough. I have played around with the fuel economy using the cruise control to hold a particular mph and resetting the mpg on the computer to see exactly how fuel economy is at different speeds. In my experience ~31mpg in the mid to upper 60s is about as good as it gets if you are on the freeway. Any faster and the mpg dips into the upper 20s.

10. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Mark, is the convertible any heavier? less aerodynamic? The Z06 I'm referring to was only modified with different brake pads & mobile 1 throughout the drivetrain. Nothing else at all. It was getting those kinds of miles between tracks during the OTC event in 2004, driven by Johnathan Blevins and Alan Chavis. Other real world milage might vary. But still, very very very impressive, even at 31mpg for that kind of drivetrain.

11. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    No offense but I don’t think any true red blooded automotive enthusiast would ever buy a car for prestige.

Leave that to the posers and snobs (ie. Porsche drivers).

12. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    I doubt GM will price the ZO6 at $75k and repeat the ZR1 debacle.

BTW for anyone who compares the ZO6’s power to weight ratio to the Ford GT should know that despite being rated at 550hp, one dyno test has shown 560 RWHP!!!

I’ll see if I can find the link again.

13. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Karting

Nov 16, 2004
    The Corvette never was a muscle car. Muscle cars were GTO's, Chargers etc.

The base Z51 C6 is already faster than the 575 on the track. TopGear for example only managed to tie the C6's lap time with the 575 Handling GTC on their track.

It also wouldn't take much to beat the over weight 4000 lb Murcie.

14. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    The Vert is very slightly heavier than the coupe.... definitely less aerodynamic with the top down. I think the biggest difference would be the gearing, I'm pretty sure the Z06 has different ratios.

15. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    the "over weight murcie"has 580hp, and has been tested as fast as 3.6-3.8 0 -60 by the various car mags and over 200mph..i dont you if you have ever driven one, but it is beast and scary fast!!!!

16. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    prestige was a bad word to use..sorry, i really mean the chevy grade materials in the interior, the steering wheel from the malbu, styling that looks like a camaro or firebird from a distance....also, i hope with the new two stage exhaust ,the engine sound will be better than the c6, which is so quiet at idle that is sound like a buick, even standing behind the car..the c5 sounded much better

17. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    any true blooded auto enthusiat would not call porsche drivers posers and snobs....some of the most passionate and knowledgable auto enthusiats drive porsches.....vettes, lambos, ferraris,vettes, vipers, aston martins, lotus,porsche etc. are all great sports cars in their own right.....

18. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

For sure. I would guess about 25K over sticker in the beginning. The ZR-1 was at least 35K or more over sticker in 1990.

The SS 454 truck (not at all for me) they were asking 10K over sticker.

Smart thing is to wait two years after intro, and purchase at invoice. BesiDES they may bump the power. Chevy has often bumped the power of new Vettes, a year or two after intro.

- I would assume (I do like this Corvette) it would be even smarter to purchase a used one or two year old Viper Coupe vs buying a new Z06. The Viper Coupe will be easy to find with very low miles. It will also have depreciated a bit. You will have the exclusivity with the Viper. You will see two Z 06's,when you go home from work everyday. Z06 is a great car though. - You get so much for so little.

19. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    the more i look @ the pixs, the more it grows on me....i had never been passionate abt vetts (not that there is anything wrong w/ it) but i am really feelin' this one !!!

does anyone have any update yet on its release? how much is it trading over sticker? a buddy claimed to have seen a yellow one at a miami club last week.....could he have mistaken it for another model?

20. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I love the new Zo6 vette, it looks great in Black. I believe someone on the boards had a picture of a Zo6 in Black. It looks great! I would love to drive a new Zo6. anyone know how much better of a car the new Z06 is over the C5 version Zo6?

21. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

A "true red blooded automotive enthusiast" also wouldn't make such a statement about Porsche owners/drivers ;)

22. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Tom has also used up his quota for women, but that is an entirely different thread ;) :D

Tom,

To say true to this thread, the new Z06 will be a stunning performer. There is nothing I can add here, that hasn't been said. However, for that $, I would take the Viper all day (and may be doing so soon). :) Good luck with your purchase.

Also if you are looking for good looks (since you are a lover--of many different things and shapes ;) )--check out the GT500 :)

23. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    96 GTS + supercharger > Z06. :)

24. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

you are a baaaaad boy, r.
    still love ya, brothe

25. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    There is no comparision between the C6 Z06 and a stock C5 Z06....

Hell even with mods the hp and torque, handling improvement...better braking...the C6 Z06 is a HUGE step up from the C5 Z06 (and I'm an owner of a 465 flywheel hp C5 Z06...with 3.73 rear gears...

Just an fyi...Order up a C6 Z06 if you want one of the finest new sports supercar...