Z06 prelim | FerrariChat

Z06 prelim

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by watt, Oct 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    i am very pleasantly surprised with the Z06.
    -looks much cooler than expected
    -build quality excellent
    -wet traction very good
    -brakes, power handling superb
    -interior fine

feels a little different than a P or F, requires some adjustment.

-cool heads up speedo shows on windshield, great for speeding thru radar/laser known danger areas
    -no key needed, leave in pocket

seats mediocre but no worse than P seats and much better than last z06 seat. will likely go gt3/sparco pro2000/cobra suzuka

basically an NA GT2. very. very wonderful sports car

more to follow when we get dry roads

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    For the $$$ nothing can touch it. The old z06 is great, abit to much plastic, but a great car. Sounds like the c6 zo6 is a good improvement over the last. And who can argue with 505 hp !!

3. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Cant wait to hear more!!! might possibly be my next purchase.

Congrats!!

4. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Nice, lets see some PICS!

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    yeah, pics dude, wtf are you thinking?

:)

congrats! we're all looking forward to more observations.

be well,
    doody.

6. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Watt, your avatar always reminds me of Bill Kreutzmanns 550 shift knob, which is a skull ala Grateful Dead.

7. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    This thread needs to be moved.

8. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Corvette Mike had a yellow Z06 at CC this weekend. He had the nerve to take up 2 parking spots!! It was parked next to a SuperAmerica and went almost unnoticed..... Really funny.
    Cool car, Congrates.
    Post some pics, O.K.?

9. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    rick,

you know it's cool when Roland actually writes a cheque at market to buy one from corvette mike a week ago!!!! he's the ultimate tyre kicker.

pix soon, maybe we're doing a TOW Cuban meet this weekend.

i drove it down the mountain on dry roads yesterday and over to my son's football game: what a blast. handling is awesome, grip unbelieveable, and when you acually use the pedal to the floor it is ineffably, sickeningly fast. like a GT2, even hammering up the mountain, you really cant use all this car has for more than a few seconds. it's massively quicker than my strads., and has much more wet grip.

seems very good in the bumps, but need to push harder to see if it can really compete w/ the strad in the bumps.

drilling it on the freeway is highly amusing that whoosh push in the back that's even more immediate than GT2....

my 12 year old [the age of all sportscar lovers!!!!] loves it, says it's the coolest car we ever had, much better looking than 430, altho' he likes the strad's looks a bit more. the overall quality is excellent and the performance is the best you can buy up to what, 330 for a CGT with massive repair cost potential.

as for moving the thread -- the Z06 truly is an insult, a big slap in the face isn't it? :)

10. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Guys I have driven mine almost 1K miles already and I can tell you it is a serious Machine. I can`t imagine anyone saying they don`t like the car. Acceleration is spaceshuttle like. Handeling is excellent and If you hit the brakes to hard you will be pealing your eyeballs off the windshield. As soon as get back from Mexico I`ll get some pictures on the board.

11. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    So far Feedback from C6Z06 Owners (this & the Vette sites) has been Excellent !!!
    I'm going to sell my 355 next year & Purchase 1 !!!

12. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    Watt, What color did you get? MSRP?

13. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    I'm with you on that one, and also plan on ordering one around summer/fall of 2006 -- can't wait! Thinking about doing the museum delivery thing -- are you? Can't decide on color combo. though -- most likely will go with LeMans Blue and Ebony w/ Silver accents.

Did anyone see the SpeedTV show recently?

Congrats to you guys / gals who've already taken delivery on yours! Please keep the ownership feedback coming :) Enjoy!

14. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    silver. 65.

15. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI

Watt, I have spoken to a few GT2 owners and a few SL65 AMG owners, and they all said that the Z accelerates faster. Is this true??

16. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Incredible car, I saw Corvette Mike's at CC and am itching for one quite badly myself.

17. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    What he said...

18. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    THATS IT...I CANT STAND IT NO MORE!!!! just sent in my deposit to Les Stanford Chevrolet. Now I wait 3-6 mos. for delivery.

19. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    #19 Jack(LA), Oct 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Awesome ride Jack(LA), congrats....what color leather trim you go with?
    The black, grey or red?

21. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Yours, Jack? Awesome combo if it is. Silver F430 for the exhilartions of fantasy-land... And Z06 to keep a hint of that taste for your everday needs! Amazing garage that must be... Congrats!

22. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Guys,

It's not my car -- just one of two Z06's I had the privilege and opportunity to drive in the last couple days. This one had the black and grey interior and was fully loaded -- I believe MSRP was ~$70K.

23. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Oh, got ya.

24. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I have driven a GT2 many times and owned an SL65 for 8 months. I have not redlined my Z06 yet, but all indications is similar but even faster than my SL65, which was the fastest car I had ever driven up to that point in time, including Stage IV 996TT.

25. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    I thought the 996 GT2 should be dead even in acceleration with the Z06, both have 500 hp and weigh about 3150 lbs....the GT2 has better traction due to the engine placement and probably a better torque curve....how is the Z faster?