Z06 prelim | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Z06 prelim

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by watt, Oct 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    gearing, traction control, massive rear meats ???

2. 20C4S

20C4S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2003
    GT2 has turbo lag while while NA Z06 doesn't. side by side comparsion should be interesting by right off the line the Z06 should pull on it already.

3. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Terrence,

It didn't feel faster than the GT2 to me (at least compared to the one I drove quite recently), but then we didn't take your car to redline. I'd say they are very close -- it would be an interesting test one of these early mornings. ;) Nevertheless, the Z is FAST.

Enjoy it in the best of health and thanks so much for letting me drive your baby.

4. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    #29 airbarton, Oct 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    Beautiful man, just beautiful!!

Can't wait to get my Z and spank a Gallardo...;)

6. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Yea that would be fun wouldn't it! I am just now starting to get a handle on the Vette but I must admit I still have a way to go. It requires quite a bit of respect and I don't want to trash it with less than a thousand miles on it you know!

7. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Hey Fadi, when are you going to get it?

8. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    You got it Henry. Just make sure not to hit the little button on the console with the car on it. Are you gonna get one of these or what?

9. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    Hey Charles, I am getting mine sometime in the spring. I can't wait.

Have you pulled your spare fuse out yet??

10. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    No I haven't. What does this do?

11. kephren

kephren Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    the front range
    it opens the valves in the inboard exhaust tips. so instead of having to wait until over 3500rpm, you get to enjoy the sound all the time!

12. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Even if you did, do you honestly think the G owner would care? He'd probably laugh. When I raced against the new Z, I was fully prepared to lose (based on all the magazine hype), and wouldn't have cared if I did. I raced a guy in my Murci who was driving a very heavily modded Firebird, and I lost by a bit (half car length). We got to the next light, I gave him the thumbs up, said "good race" and kept along my way. Contrary to what many of you non-exotic owners hope, I could care less. At the end of the day, if I wanted a Z, I would buy one. If you guys are so concerned about street racing, you may want to go out and hunt down some Supra's and other ricers because they are the ones who might be impressed (then again, they might embarass you).

13. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    the broker in town has this yellow one he apparently cannot move above MSRP. it is fully loaded but i want a blue/black low option car. i have my dealer buddies up in motown putting out some feelers to snagg me one.

i'd ring you up for a ride but i'm afraid that after i'd run out and pay anything to get one asap.

14. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    BTW, why is this thread located in the Modern Ferrari section?

15. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Very cool! Thank you.

16. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    You have a point. Have you tried Stanford yet?

17. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    You should ask the person that started the thread that question! Why does it matter anyway? This is as good a place as any.

18. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    This is exactly what I've been talking about, pure arogance! You really are quite impressed with yourself aren't you Clax. I feel for you dude!

19. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Hate to be a plane you're flying. Z06 does not equal Modern Ferrari. Check the horizon line again, captain.

20. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    Charles, right under your passenger dash or glove compartment, the fuse box is located behind the kick panel...The fuse that you pull out will be the VERY LAST fuse at the bottom right. It will be labeled as a spare.

Here are some pics for you. Do this, and you will not regret it. It will sound like a REAL 427...:)

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89033

21. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    "Dude", you're right. I give. I'm running out now to buy my Z06 and put my Lambo up for sale. What the heck was I thinking. Thanks for clarifying everything for me, I now see the light.

22. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    Don't bother with this guy, Charles. When I get my Z and race the Gallardo, spank it, and get it on tape, I will report back here with a video.

I just got done watching a video of a bone stock Z running at the drag strip.
    The guy spun off the line, spun on the 1-2 shift, and spun on the 2-3 shift and still managed to clock off an 11.7@125.

If you want the Video, PM me man, and i will send it your way.

A Gallardo can have a rocket launcher behind it and it wouldn't trap at 125..lol

23. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Appreciate the heads up. I'll report back with the result!

24. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Yea I know I'm just trying to bust his balls because he is such an arogant prick!

25. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Wow! what a revelation! Glad you set me straight on that!