Z06 prelim | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Z06 prelim

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by watt, Oct 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

I have a 2004 HD Soft Tail Duece.
    I had a 2002 Suzuki 'Busa before that.

2. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Nice. I was thinking of picking up a Harley at some point. I currently have a sport bike, but I think I would enjoy a cruiser, to slow things down a bit.

3. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

I did the sport bike thing, I still like them. I will get another at some
    point I'm sure. With the HD you can just cruise and not have to worry about
    back pains etc....

4. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Exactly. And you can carry a passenger with relative comfort. On the sport bike, the passenger is more of a hindrance than anything.

5. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Yup, I never felt 100% secure with a passenger on my sport bike. If they don't lean correctly it can cause problems....problems = no fun.

6. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    Oh my god..we are getting along??

*Group hug*..lol

7. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
  8. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Superb machine you have there, Charles! Looks very stealthy in silver too. :D

After seeing your pics, think I'll go with the ebony / gray combo interior as well.

How's the clutch / shift feel? Was curious, since my wife will want to drive the Z06 on occasion I'm certain -- and she's petite. Bought her a new '05 C6 Coupe w/ auto. back in May, and she simply loves that car! I've driven it a few times and it is quick -- can't imagine what another 105 hp will do!

9. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    BEAUTIFUL..

I will be getting the silver with the comp. grey wheels..:)

10. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Clucth is a little on the stiff side. A guy will not find it to be a problem but a lady might. My wife has driven the car and says she likes it but it is a bit intimidating. Shift is fine but you have to hug the left side of the shifter from 1st to second gear or it will go to third. Even that is not a problem since the HP can easily handle it.

11. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    I love the combo too!

12. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    In the ones I've driven, the clutch felt great -- very light, almost as soft/power assisted as the one in the 996TT and nothing like the stiff clutch in a GT2 or GT3.

13. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway

uncle doo,

here's some photos

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35907&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

the car is excellent and highly amusing. I call it the Bic of performance cars: drive it use it up, throw it out. it is not a stradale for sure, but it's $130 k cheaper, so it's a stunning achievement by GM, the only auto co. LESS successful than Fiat.