Tragedy, Ferrari Enzo untouched for 5 YEARS ! | FerrariChat

Tragedy, Ferrari Enzo untouched for 5 YEARS !

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ZiadR, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZiadR

ZiadR Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2008
    Beirut, Lebanon.
    Full Name:
    Ziad Ramadan
    #1 ZiadR, Oct 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is a tragedy you guys, we've got a Ferrari Enzo in Lebanon that is thrown at the AIB Customs area in Beirut, Lebanon. It belongs to a Bank Owner called Ibrahim Abou Ayash. He was arrested before he got his ENZO by a couple of weeks and was put on court due to some reasons concerning his bank. In the mean time, his Enzo stayed at the airport untouched till now, that means 5 years... Some say that an employee at the area takes the Enzo for a spin in the parking lot every now and then but I am not sure whether it's true or not... Thought I'd share this misery with you guys.

Here are some pictures:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    Hmm. Doesn't really seem to pass the smell test. An Enzo sits abandoned in an airport parking lot for 5 years? LOL. But some enigmatic airport employee takes it for a spin every so often? Come on, now...

3. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    The battery would be long dead after 5 years.

4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #4 SefacHotRodder, Oct 9, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
    ^ +1

Looks very clean to have been sitting for 5 years. I'm not too sure about that story...

EDIT: Just looked closer. Seems the headlamp washers are missing and the tires (especially the front) seem rather low. Maybe there is a little truth to the story. However, i think it would look a lot worse if it has just been sitting for 5 years

5. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    No reason to doubt the story. If it has been in enclosed grounds, someone probably washes it and thinks of it as 'their' temporary toy. I know i would wash it if i was able to and had it kept in my secure grounds.

6. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    +1

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I'm sure the attendants all hope his reaction to the parking fee isn't as strong as the one in Fargo.

8. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Has it been sitting outside for 5 years?

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Didn't Enzos come with a car cover, if it did why not use it?

10. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    That is what I was thinking? That would not make any sense.

11. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    When you say, '...untouched till now....,' do you mean the guy is out of jail, or they are selling his car?

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    5 years under the sun ? The paint still looks good for sitting 5 years under the sun ...No doubt this Enzo is neglected but 5 years ?

13. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    It's stuck in customs and they probably didn't have the proper forms filled out so that they could put the cover on. ;)

14. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Why would they just leave it sitting in a parking spot? Dont you think they would leave it in the container it came in or otherwise shoved into some corner of a warehouse?! I agree in thinking it doesnt all seem to add up.

15. ZiadR

ZiadR Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2008
    Beirut, Lebanon.
    Full Name:
    Ziad Ramadan
    #15 ZiadR, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I give you F-chatters a word, come to Beirut, Lebanon. And if you see that the ENZO isn't there, I will be paying for your ticket + accomodation and I mean it by all means. Here's my number just in case some of you thought that this was a joke: +9613605034.

And hey you can ask the Lebanese F-chatters around, they know of it. These pictures were taken back in 2007. I can go tomorrow and take for you a picture and you'll see that the date is 2008.

Please ask Marakji or Georgeshayek, both know of it and live around.

Remember guys, I am on my word completely.

And here's a picture of the car with it's cover, I didn't post it before cause I thought it was meaningless, and I'll post some other pictures too.

What will happen to the car is that Abou Ayash is going to take it back in the winter, send it to Italy for complete service ( Rumors say 200,000 Euros, no idea if it's true though ) and drive it...

16. ZiadR

ZiadR Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2008
    Beirut, Lebanon.
    Full Name:
    Ziad Ramadan
    Dude, we live in Lebanon. You think that they'll leave it in a container?

I've posted another pictures for the car... It shows a pretty good side of the car's condition. A tragedy really...

By the way, after all that time, the car still looks astonishing. Especially during the night...

17. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Hmmm.......interesting facts. Well, if the original owner is going to have it back next winter, there will not be any need to hunt the car down.

18. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    I dont doubt that story.. It doesnt look like it's been taken care of that thouroughly.

19. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    ok, the Enzo story is more credible now... but I am curious about all the vehicles you own as a high-school student
    - 2005 Nissan 350Z
    - 2006 GMC Envoy XL
    - 2008 Honda Civic
    - 2004 Peugeot 307 SW

and the cars you are getting soon... !
    - 2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia ( Dream Car ).
    - 2009 Nissan GT-R ( 350Z Replacement ).
    - 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX ( Soon ).

That's pretty impressive, especially for a high school student!

In the US, a high school kid is lucky to get a Civic, and luckier if they get an M3 or some AMG car

Regards,
    ~shahedc

20. ZiadR

ZiadR Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2008
    Beirut, Lebanon.
    Full Name:
    Ziad Ramadan
    Haha, well let me lighten some stuff for you man. All the cars that we own are from my dad... And here in Lebanon, it's much different than the U.S, the father gets his son a good ride actually. And about the replacements, the 430 Scuderia is just a DREAM car. Hopefully one day, I'll be able to get it. The GT-R is for my brother as a replacement for his 350Z ( He's paying for it this time though ) and the EVO has already arrived ! Gotta move it to the " Current cars ". :).

21. ZiadR

ZiadR Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2008
    Beirut, Lebanon.
    Full Name:
    Ziad Ramadan
    That's what I've been told actually... The original owner finishes his courts by next winter and gets back to it. But hey, this is just a story I've heard... Another story was that the government is selling this ENZO for $700,000 but you can't be sure of this story too. Stories about this car are more than 10 Tarek, people created tons of rumors about the car.

What you can be assured of is that the car was bought new from Italy, hasn't been driven around at all. Abou Ayash got arrested before his ENZO arrived by few weeks and asked the court to put the car at the AIB customs area and leave it there until he's done. He also accused the Syrians of building a faked ENZO ( Trans AM changed into an ENZO ) and putting it for him and taking the original ENZO instead. I won't post the pictures of the faked ENZO because it's really shameful. Looks so darn funny !

Cheers TK, by the way, I enjoyed Sharm El Sheikh a lot... it was a blast :D.

22. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    good for you, man!

Look forward to seeing GT-R pics and a review when you get to drive it! :)

23. ZiadR

ZiadR Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2008
    Beirut, Lebanon.
    Full Name:
    Ziad Ramadan
    Indeed bro... I am still convincing my brother to get an F355 or a 360 Modena instead ! But he seems insisted on the GT-R.

24. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Good to know that this Enzo will finally be taken care of !

25. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    #25 JM4re, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
    Ok, Ok. I'll eat some crow on this one. That first set of pictures made the car look a lot better (still a little abused and dirty) but compared to the 2nd set of pictures (which lent the story much more gravitas). Car's downright filthy. Especially the poor paint fade is much more noticeable. There are tears in the car cover as shown draped over it, which is unfortunate to say the least. Still though, it's been there 5 years ??!!
    How many miles are on it? So if this Abu Ayash owns it then why in the hell does an airport employee have the keys to his Enzo that he feels comfortable enough to joyride in, because...? Is the billionaire buddy-buddy with someone in baggage claims? LOL. Sorry, trying to rein in my cynicism.
    All in all, it's still a pretty unconscionable scenario. Sadly, that Enzo does appear to have been (gasp) abandoned!

Hmm... I think I have a free garage space after all. :)