Meet this Weekend!! | FerrariChat

Meet this Weekend!!

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Baasha, Feb 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Okay ladies & gents, since the sun is supposed to be out on Saturday, let's have a meet/get together and hang out. I haven't planned any drive but that's optional afterwards.

Saturday afternoon around 3 P.M and we can all hang out in Palo Alto or Santana Row. Everyone is invited--any car is okay!!!! This isn't really a drive so it'll be fun just to hang out with different people.

Anyone who is interested is welcome! I shall also call some of you on Saturday to make sure.

2. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Arun, I don't think I will be able to make it down south this Saturday. I'll probably go cruise around up in this area.

I'll be doing the whole Sausalito/Napa run. Might drop by Infineon to see if anyone is testing or racing that day.

Enjoy the South side!

3. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Palo Alto or Santana Row sounds good to me - let me know!

Aaron

4. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My car will be sitting in the San Jose Convention Center from 2PM tomorrow until Saturday midnight.

5. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Oh shieza! is Saturday the "Hot Import Nights" show??

Mike, you're gonna win man.. I already know it.. bring on the ladies.. hehe

6. 2MS

2MS Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A meet sounds good. Can a newbie bring a 993TT?

Mark

7. the red one

the red one Karting

Dec 21, 2004
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Scott
    mmmm...santana row sounds mighty fine

maybe i can bring something more interesting this time

8. XOTIKDRMR

XOTIKDRMR Rookie

Feb 24, 2006
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Hey Guys,

Im new to the board. Im not fortunate to own anything as nice as a Prancing Horse like you guys but I do admire them. My Uncle in Socal just purchased a 360 Modena and said I could drive it for a weekend. Man I need to get some time to go down there :p

Im a CAR ENTHUISIAST and would like to cruise out and see your beautiful machines and maybe get to talk to some owners if you guys are a friendly enough bunch. I see the thread says its open to anyone but I want to make sure before I roll out in my Z06. If I ever finally get to a place where I could actually contemplate the purchase of a exotic you guys can sway me to your side...Right now I am in love with the Aston Martins and Ferraris probably on a 60-40 split towards the AM.

Thanks,

Shawn

9. tbm311

tbm311 Rookie

Sep 21, 2005
    Bay Area
    is this meet still planned. if so, where? santanna row or palo alto?

10. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I'm tied up the early part of the day, but may be able to make this. Santana or PA?

Gary

11. the red one

the red one Karting

Dec 21, 2004
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Scott
    maybe we could make it a little later because the judging seminar at FoSV doesnt even begin until 1pm

just a thought...or we could do it sunday?

12. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Rain is in the forecast for Sunday.

Gary

13. the red one

the red one Karting

Dec 21, 2004
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Scott
    ok...scratch that plan

14. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The wha...?

15. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Okay guys.. I spoke to several buddies of mine and MANY of them seem to be out of town or caught up with something else.. however, the final decision will be tomorrow. I don't think many people are going to come... we shall play things by ear for now.. I will let you guys know in the morrow.

g'night.

16. XOTIKDRMR

XOTIKDRMR Rookie

Feb 24, 2006
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    If im not welcome let me know... :p its not going to hurt my feelings...... I PM'd 2 people and got no responses even though they were read.

17. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Arun: Are you guys still planning to meet up? I really want to go on a drive since it is nice out. I may be able to change my plans and meet up with you.

Let me know!

18. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I don't see why not? Arun said any car is welcome on his first post.

19. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    OKay guys.. today is the HIN meet @ 5 P.M. So I don't think it would be worthwhile to meet up because I won't be free until 3:00 P.M.

However, I am planning a drive for next weekend and hopefully if the weather is nice and if people are in town, we'll have a good time. Until then cheers. Sorry about the late notice if anyone was really keen on today's meet.

*The long named guy (Xooieruoie)*:
    As I had mentioned in the first post, anyone was welcome to today's meet. It's just that on the drives I do, I prefer if people either drive, or are in (ride in) exotic cars--Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.

20. XOTIKDRMR

XOTIKDRMR Rookie

Feb 24, 2006
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    The name is EXOTIC DREAMER as it is representative of me not owning a Exotic but I am a definite CAR CRAZY ENTHUISIAST including Ferrari's. I work in the Auto Insurance sector.

I understand Baasha's stance on your cruises and although I saw the first thread that said open to all cars, I didnt want to interfere with anyones intended fun. My preference was also not to be looked down upon or treated as unwelcome if I had shown up. So even though I was enthuisiastic about seeing your fine automobiles I wanted to make sure I was welcome and that you guys were a cool bunch of car people. Up until recently I was the president of a local GM club and realize some people may have been upset by my presence.

Through my connections, its not like I cant see exotics. I just wanted to meet some owners. Just last week I was sitting in a Ferrari 550 superamerica roadster , Aston Martin Vanquish S, AM DB7, and a AM DB9.

I may even be a paying registered member here but for know I am just feeling out the atmosphere. I dont want or intend to be a TROLL.

Shawn

21. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Shawn, do not worry. You are welcome here. :)

22. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I once saw something written here to the effect of,

"There's no such thing as a second-class car enthusiast."

That's the absolute truth. FWIW, I was made to feel very welcome with this group before I purchased my Ferrari, and I too drove a Corvette. Don't sweat it - it's just the internet.

It's a great group we've got here!

Aaron

23. LT-1

LT-1 Karting

May 13, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hell, some of these guys still talk to me, and I own a Camaro.
    :)

24. XOTIKDRMR

XOTIKDRMR Rookie

Feb 24, 2006
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Nice to see. You may check out the club me and some friends started. HTTP//:WWW.WCGMP.COM

As for everyone else I will keep a eye out and and try and meet some of you guys. Someday I can join your ranks.

25. LT-1

LT-1 Karting

May 13, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Robert