Lusso: Self-install radar detector / dash-cam | FerrariChat

Lusso: Self-install radar detector / dash-cam

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by David Casper, Oct 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Casper

David Casper Rookie

Feb 4, 2018
    Florida
    Full Name:
    David C
    hey guys - does anyone have any simple suggestions on how to get a power supply to self-install a radar detector / dash-cam in a Lusso? there are power supplies going to the overhead lights, rearview mirror and front visor mirror - any suggestions on how to tap into them? Thank you.

2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I would suggest just tapping into the fuse box. That's an easy and reversible method.

3. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I hard wired my dashcam straight from the fuse box, with a power magic pro. I stuck the power magic pro to the back of the cover plate, and used some fuse tap to get the power from permanent 12V and +VCC. All the necessary fuse are there. It's easy to route the cables from the fuse box. I think I had put the pictures on the forum, just cant remember in which topic...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. David Casper

David Casper Rookie

Feb 4, 2018
    Florida
    Full Name:
    David C
    all great suggestions - thank you guys.

6. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    One nuisance you might encounter with tapping at the fuse box is how to get that wire to stay in the A-pillar. It will gradually creep out and I haven't found a way for it to stay put.

7. scottevestceo

scottevestceo Karting

Apr 16, 2023
    Full Name:
    Scott Jordan
    I had my local shop hardwire my radar detector, but he was concerned after he did it that it might cause electrical issues. Fortunately, no electrical problems, but the radar detector reboots under hard acceleration, which is odd and just when you need the radar to work. Ferrari shop in SLC said not to install anything as it would cause issues. Have you had any similar issues?

8. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Depending on the color of the Apillar you can try Blue tack putty- there are others in different colors- a small amount tucked in will keep it in place and easy to remove

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

otakki and scottevestceo like this.
  9. scottevestceo

scottevestceo Karting

Apr 16, 2023
    Full Name:
    Scott Jordan
    SLC Ferrari called and said there is a way to do it that won’t create issues. I’m going to find out.