Where do you buy your oil filter kit and oil from? | FerrariChat

Where do you buy your oil filter kit and oil from?

Discussion in '360/430' started by goto35march, Apr 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    Going to get a oil change done. Just wondering where everyone buys the oil and filter from?

so oil seems confusing? so new ones dont have the ferrari logo anymore?

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Depends what country u r in.

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Ricambi, site sponsor and Daniel is great people

VAF84 and HJZ360 like this.
  4. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
  5. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Filters from ebay some shop had a close out I believe 2yrs ago, cheap.
    Oil, I buy Redline from Pegasus Racing just up the road from me.
    Oil is not tricky. I had a shop do my oil and it foamed, Penzoil also foamed. Since I switched to Redline I don't have any foaming issues at all!

6. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    thanks. what oil do ferrari dealers use?

7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Buy the oil filter from Ricambi. Buy Redline 5w-40 from eBay, or any other retailer, Amazon etc. If you're really stuck on what the "dealership uses", bring it in to them and have them overcharge you for whatever oil they use.. You could also call your local dealer and ask. Don't know and I could care less...

8. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    vrsurgeon likes this.
  9. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Ricambi has the 430OCK (that’s the part number) that includes the filter and all o rings and crush washers. Do yourself a favor and get the oil filter attachment as well, you’ll thank me later.

Pennzoil 5w-40.. yea yea yea I pay a little more but it’s the Ferrari recommended so its what I use.

10. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    PENNZOIL no longer ferrari recommended as of 2019 based on my research. in fact they have even removed the ferrari logo.

So something to think about.

11. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I like Mobil One due to availability— however two years now and I don’t really seem to add much.

I buy an oil change kit from “Ferrparts” every January; it gets here the next day since they’re in Sacramento and the owner has spent plenty of time on the phone with research questions when I needed it. FWIW

12. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    The oil hasn't changed, just the advertising monies. Pennzoil for me

13. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I get my filter from Ricambi and oil from Advance Auto. Their rewards program and bundles makes for cheap Pennzoil. I built up my rewards and bought a 3 year supply last year, plus filters for my other cars. Think it equated to about $5/quart (maybe less) with a 7 premium filters, which are normally $10+.

14. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    OEM oil filter from Amazon for $37 and oil from Walmart, $25 for a 5 qt jug of Mobil 1, 0-40W. I spend about an hour under the car doing it, and about $90 total for an oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

brogenville likes this.
  15. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Takes me an hour just to get the car up, unbolt the panel, put the car down, take off the panel and put the car back up. LOL

Manda racing likes this.
  16. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    was told penzoil changed formulation which is why ferrari logo was removed. please confirm as thats whats scaring me from purchasing pensoil

17. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    It's still got the FIAT certification though.

Maybe it's just the cynic in me who's seen so many "product of the year", "OEM recommended", Gartner Magic Quadrant and Forrester reports that are pretty much bought and paid for, but I really don't think it's a big deal. I would bet someone just didn't renew a marketing deal.

I mean, would a company like Pennzoil really reformulate a product that would HARM certain engines?

FWIW, I did just change my oil last week with the "non-approved" stuff so maybe I'm looking for reasons to not have to change it again... ;)

18. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    TBH it doesn't ******* matter what oil you use as long as it's a 5w-40 or even 0w-40. The Walmart Mobil 0w-40 in my 911 and Boxster was flawless. As long as the car has oil within Ferrari spec for the 360 motor it's going to be fine. I use Redline just cause I like it in my 360 and it's done well. I've used Pennzoil and I've used Mobil 1 5w-40. It doesn't matter. Just pick one you like and go with it. Ask 50 people and you'll get 30-40 answers. TBH you can probably even go with oil changes every other year if you really want.. but I like to change it annually because there's nothing like fresh oil in a high performance engine. My 911 gets every 6 months Mobil 1 0W-40 and my Cayenne V6 base model gets annual 0w-40 or 5w-30 oil changes.

Manda racing and flash32 like this.