Vintage Car Livery | FerrariChat

Vintage Car Livery

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Rossocorsa1, May 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Question regarding the livery on great vintage Ferrari’s, such as stripes, logos, roundels, numbers, etc. Aside from some thinking these are interesting and attractive, is there any significant value they add to a great vintage car in present day? Does not having them all over a car detract from the cars provenance and value? To be clear, I’m not referring to original livery that may still exist on a car from a great race. Obviously, if a car is still sporting it’s original livery from LeMans, that’s significant. I’m referring to preserved or restored cars with modern applied livery. I always found it a shame when attending a concours and seeing these beautiful cars plastered with all these gaudy graphics rather than presented cleanly. Unless I’m wrong, livery was applied for specific races, strictly for the purpose of identification. I’m interested to see others thoughts on this.

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    colombo2cam and NürScud like this.
  3. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Already discussed in the thread here.