Dan Lesin | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dan Lesin

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ttforcefed, Jun 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Most were eventually convinced because he had so much. He was also friends with other billionaires kids. He was always off in private jets etc... And for years he did this. So eventually alot of people went... Well he probably is... I should stop hating on the kid.

Plus didn't you mention that your friends came across him and everything went fine?

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    None of my friends actually transacted with him. He treated a few people i know like **** on the service side.

paulchua and technom3 like this.
  3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ohh gotcha. I must have misunderstood you.

4. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    technom3 and paulchua like this.
  5. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Netflix just had a good show with Inventing Anna. I wonder if Dan will get a show? :D

SirTony76 likes this.
  6. Andy348

Andy348 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Since when did Youtubers start pushing ED pills? LOL

Secondly, saw the photos and thought he looked familiar. I believe he was the one to lend Nick Murray his supposed $420K MSRP 488 Spider for his review:

He's in the video somewhere, I think during the drag race.

7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    It’s been a while since we had a pure knucklehead on Fchat. Of course, there’s the poster from Canada and the poster from Australia, both of whom very nearly qualify under a loose definition of pure knucklehead. I think both @Oligarch_NY and @Dansage are both Hall of Fame level knuckleheads, if not Mount Rushmore level. They checked all the key boxes: blustery, fake, out of their depth, and delusional. How much prison time will Dan get to enjoy?

8. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    [QUOTE="Thecadster, post: 148584714, member: 207537" How much prison time will Dan get to enjoy?[/QUOTE]

This is where it gets really murky since it really depends upon how much the feds want to go after him on wire fraud. The other charges, probably less than 5 years (look at Avenatti), but its the wire fraud charges that can lay the hammer down on you if they really want to. My guess, a kid that tried to enter the "club", no real history of violent behavior, bank money not EXCEL type of fraud, I think it will be 5 years in a minimum security prison, out in 2.5 years. True minimum security prisons you usually don't have to worry about the beatings, gangs, etc, you just have assigned work and chores to do everyday and get to watch TV, access to the internet (controlled though), and in some places they do scheduled activities (see Martha Stewarts discussion on her time) a lot of the time because it gets boring and they just want you to pass your time. You can learn skills, take classes, etc. and they see that as a way for you to make a better life for yourself when you get out. Even the prosecutors and judges know they need the real jail space for the violent trash in our society. They just need to make this kid understand that we are going to take a portion of your life away and if you do it again, its off to the daily beating, gang thrashings, take everything from you unless you can physically beat 12 guys at a time to take over the head of the group. Will he learn? Time will tell..

020147 and Thecadster like this.
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I knew someone that committed insurance fraud to the tune of roughly $50m and got out in less than 5 years. Long story but these guys get away with minimal jail time.

Thecadster likes this.
  10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    5 years doesn't seem like much for the crime, BUT, I'm sure that every day in a jail feels like an eternity.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    White collar prison is nothing like the state pen

12. dxviddc

dxviddc Rookie

Feb 12, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    DD
    Would you be interested in commenting on the record for an international newswire? Shopping movie and publication interests at the moment. Cheers.

13. ninjacoco

ninjacoco Rookie

Jun 1, 2018
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Stef Schrader
    Hello! My name is Stef Schrader, and I'm a reporter with The Drive. We're looking into this story and would love to hear from some of y'all who've had personal interactions with Dan. My PMs are open, or I'd love to hear from folks via email: [email protected]

14. dxviddc

dxviddc Rookie

Feb 12, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    DD
    We're working on this. According to my legal and production teams, this is difficult due to the fact that it's technically hearsay. There's ways around it but it makes the story less exciting and poignant

ShineKen likes this.
  15. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    paulchua likes this.
  16. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    he really made a mistake with the Monza allocation scheme as there was no way of him to get out of it without returning the money essentially as

I think he didn't think it through and have an exit, it was so doomed to fail that it's the kind of last job before fleeing to a non-extradition country style crime

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I just went through the original Fchat thread for the first time. Credit to you, Noone1, and SocaltoAZ for sniffing out BS and keeping at it from the get-go.

It's an amazing con story. Something which seems only plausible in a movie script, not real life. Kid must've had a really high IQ to be able to pull this off alone for 4 years. Not to mention it seemed like he was planning this since he was 13-14. At least he got to drive the most expensive cars in the world only few in the world could dream of.

"Daniel's father, Alexander Lesin, appeared as a co-founder on some of his son’s LLCs and as a defendant in some of the lawsuits about them accordingly, but according to Ferretti, Alexander may not have actually signed off on it all. "It appears that he was using his father's name fictitiously and now he's defrauded his own family," Ferretti said.

While one victim The Drive spoke with was convinced that Lesin’s father at least helped him evade lawsuits, the federal wire fraud case only goes after Dan, not Alexander Lesin. Daniel’s lawyer Jeffrey Lichtman confirmed this via email, telling The Drive, "As for Alex Lesin, the government has confirmed that he is not alleged to be part of any crime here and will not be charged.
    "

Kid had a high IQ, but he was dumb for posting on Fchat the way he did. Should've stayed low key the whole time. In the same token, people dealing with him should have been aware of that thread. The dealers at the minimum. Seems like he got greedy too. I never understood the logic behind con-artists who think they can keep the charade going forever.

paulchua, ttforcefed and technom3 like this.
  18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Nice!

We almost got smoked by him! Was able to get the car back.

I can tell you this... His fraud isn't just on cars.

He owes some money down in the diamond district as well.

paulchua and Thecadster like this.
  19. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I don't think the fchat thread played a part, it was just simply the SP2's was a really greedy move he couldn't realistically continue with unless he left the country etc

technom3 likes this.
  20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    There were calls to 'out' his real name so it would pop up in every google search. We were kind as a community, and I remember the mods agreed to just let this die.

In hindsight, we were too gracious; I had supported the moderators deleting Dan's real name. I regret that now, we should have exposed the charlatan. It may have saved folks out there some real heartache.

Many folks called our skepticism out and asked, why do we care?

This is why.

JDZNate and technom3 like this.
  21. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    It’s a difficult balance really as the reality is it could have been just a kid living a fantasy based off nothing and to tarnish a teenagers life is quite harsh based upon this

but on the other hand I’ve witnessed no name and shame policies on other forums cause lots of people to lose lots of money because they are scared of libel, fchats policy here on this has actually caused some to use it as a safe haven to report dodgy dealers etc to much positive effect :)

ttforcefed and paulchua like this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Well said!!!

willcrook likes this.
  23. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The number of swindlers & con-artists who frequent this realm of ours is eye watering. Off the top of my head, I can think of three other 'high profile' con-artists who used Fchat to perpetuate their stories, pad their garages, and ultimately provide a paper-trail toward their discovery/arrest/conviction.

Not. Surprised.

99% of the folks who own these kinds of cars works themselves ragged to reach this point in life. The other 1% just got very very lucky. Rarely, is that 1% still under the age of 25.

hairdoc, ddrewesusa and paulchua like this.