812 atelier: Death by Cioccolato? | FerrariChat

812 atelier: Death by Cioccolato?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Red Sled, Dec 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Given the aggressive looks, decided to go for a somewhat classic spec, perhaps too classic. Thoughts welcome from the style gurus here.

Historical Paint Colour – CANNA DI FUCULE
    20” Forged Racing “TDF” Matt SILVER Wheels
    BLACK Brake Calipers
    Carbon Fibre Front Bumper Insert
    Carbon Fibre Rear Bumper Side Boxes
    AFS Headlights
    Front Suspension Lifter
    Titanium Exhaust Pipes
    HELE – High Emotion Low Emission [UK Standard]
    Rear Parking Camera
    Special Stitching – GRIGIO SCURO
    Interior Colour Detail in Alcantara – CIOCCOLATO
    Air Vent Ring in NERO
    DAYTONA Carbon Fibre Racing Seats – LARGE
    Stitched Horses in Headrests – GRIGIO SCURO
    Racing Seat Lifter
    Alcantara Daytona Stripes - CIOCCOLATO
    Floor Mats with Logo
    Rear Wall in Leather – CIOCCOLATO
    Rear Shelf in Leather – CIOCCOLATO
    Central Tunnel in Leather – CIOCCOLATO
    Leather Headliner – NERO
    Door Panel Perimeter Trim in – CIOCCOLATO Leather
    Alcantara Door Panels – CIOCCOLATO
    Dedication Plate – “Atelier Logo”
    Navtrak Antitheft System
    HiFi Sound System
    ALUMINIUM Rev Counter
    Carbon Fibre Central Bridge
    Carbon Fibre Driving Zone & LED Steering Wheel
    Carbon Fibre Dashboard Inserts

Dedication Plate to have the Atelier Logo
    Air Brushed Scuderia Wing Shields
    Italian Flag Badge on the Vertical Area of Boot lid (same position as F12 tdf) – Long & Thin
    Version

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Very nice assuming you l love cioccolato. I prefer cuoio or the new tan but that's just me. Also prefer the TdF wheels in a grey or diamond finish. Overall your build looks very nice!!

Red Sled likes this.
  3. Magnani

Magnani Rookie

Feb 26, 2017
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Well done. Absolutely love it. I’ve searched years for grey/dark brown cars. So rare here in states. Impeccable taste.

Bundy and Red Sled like this.
  4. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I find your specs LOVELY . It's very rare I'll take a Ferrari just as it is, I always find a detail to remix, not the case here.

I strongly suggest to send the spec sheet to your dealer TONIGHT

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  5. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Ok, I am no style guru but I can tell you what I like and don't. To me too much brown and "darkness" and gives me (from the pics) an impression of "dullness" (apologies if being too harsh. Why not brighten up the cabin a bit i.e. lighter interior etc. I went Rooso 70th Anni and an aggressive look with the forged wheels and race seats (a bit bling) but that's just me.

Red Sled, JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'm a big fan of an all ciocolatto interior; that's what I have in my Cali. But, I add it's quite dark, I think it needs to be complemented by a lighter exterior color, so perhaps one of the lighter grays? Alternatively, CdF exterior paired with a slightly lighter iroko interior?

T

supergrilldds, Red Sled and MDEL like this.
  7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Yes, can be a good idea. Avorio owners know their dark brown leathers !

tomc likes this.
  8. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Gorgeous
    The black dash is a wise functional choice that does nothing to compromise the design coherence
    In the words of M. Massini : an orgy of leather

Caveat: I have never been stylish but I likes what I like

Red Sled likes this.
  9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks, Olivier! Terra bruciata is another of the browns, maybe with a hint of red, at least to my eyes.

User MDEL (Mario) has a very handsome Ferro/Iroko F12 - with pics of the interior under different lighting.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/advice-on-f12.543052/

This thread has some pics of my Cali and its chocolate interior. Almost all the pics are crappy iPhone pics, but you can get a feel for chocolate under different lighting conditions.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/our-first-prancing-pony.521936/

Good luck in your design "problem." It's a great problem to have!

T

galt, Red Sled and MDEL like this.
  10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Red Sled - very nice interior. Did you think about doing the luggage top and hatch shelf in black? The luggage top would match the dash as black with brown straps and also match the carpet. Just a suggestions as you enquired. Good luck.

Red Sled likes this.
  11. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I like it, perhaps a lighter carpet would lighten up the interior a bit.

Red Sled likes this.
  12. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I would go with Alcantara carpet in cioccolato and perhaps a darker stitching.

CdF and cioccolato is one of my favorite combos. :)

Red Sled likes this.
  13. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom CdF is a great exterior color and one of my favorites within the darker range. Relatively to the interior colors it's amazing how alive they always look so different from what we see in the configurator or in pictures. Having a Ciocolatto interior in your Cali enables you to compare the color reality and the configurator image and draw accurate conclusions. You mentioned Iroko and it's and interior color that I'm sure will combine very well with the CdF exterior but alive it looks quite different from what we see in the configurator. Iroko is such a difficult color to picture correctly that I've photographed my F12 interior several times and I wasn't able until now to have a single picture which reproduces what my eyes see.

Red Sled likes this.
  14. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Love it...very confident. Congrats.
    Everyone has their own thing, but since you asked...one option is to add the steering wheel in colored leather. The black LED/CF against the ciocolatto could work very well with the black dash top. And, unlike light colors, wheels look good with some dark contrast.
    Or, consider the upper part in color so you don't get that visually random line alongside the shelf where the nero upper runs up against your ciocolatto, which you can see thru the rear window (or, at least you can on an F12). Otherwise you could keep the rear shelf in nero. Defintitely keep the carpets nero and stitching grey.
    Agree with MDEL that Iroko could also work...only if you were interested in something a tad lighter.
    Oh, and can you get the wheels in matte grey? They seem just a tad loud, demanding attention from the eye on such a confident scheme.
    Whatever tweaks you finally decide this is going to look great!

Red Sled likes this.
  15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Excellent point, Mario. Both are difficult to photograph correctly. Iroko always seems to come out lighter than it really is, chocolate darker than reality...T

Red Sled likes this.
  16. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
  17. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and suggestions.

Wheels (@bobbyd, @not4one): When I was at the atelier, the matt/grey option didn't come up, but will dig deeper.
    Dark interior: (@Shack, @tomc, @Ferrari 360 CS) - good point. I did wonder, and very difficult to tell when I looked at a cioccolato Lusso interior on the production line on my atelier visit. Will play around with Iroko - good tip.
    Parcel Shelf: (@Solid State): good idea to keep the coherence of the top half.
    Colours: (@MDEL): you are spot on about how the colours look so different in real life and also in different lighting. Love your F12 interior, by the way.

And thank you Grey Lord (@dcmetro) for your vote of confidence!

Very helpful, thank you all, and looks like I have another 2 weeks or so before the build is locked, even though I am not expecting the car until late this year at the earliest.

MDEL likes this.
  18. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Beautifully done. I love it. We own a full Cioccolato FF with all the CF, and receive tons of compliments on it. CDF is one of the all-time great grigios. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Sled likes this.
  19. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Ok, this seems like an invitation to repost my iroko...it was a very tough choice versus the darker brown, but I'm sure would have been equally happy with it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

BaronM69, Bundy, Cgk360 and 3 others like this.
  20. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Awesome!!!

21. YAHABO

YAHABO Rookie

Feb 16, 2016
    Maybe Daytona inserts in black?

22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I like it but I would give some more consideration to the dash stripe in Cioccolato Alcantara and also the same stripe by the passenger knee area. I suggest either keep the dash all black and the passenger knee area all Cioccolato leather, OR, and this is a little bit more aggressive, maybe do the dash stripe in Grigio Scuro. You could also do the passenger knee area stripe in the same, but that is even more aggressive. This would tie the horses and your stitching into it even more. Thats just my own sensibility. But I would probably skip the dash stripe as this is something I don't like on the 812.

Red Sled, MDEL and R J like this.
  23. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Interesting thought - thank you. I have been in two minds about that dash stripe. Generally like to keep things simple.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    great color choices...

25. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Thank you. I was in a ciccolato interior GTC4Lusso recently and thought that the cabin didn't look as dark as the configurator photos above imply. Just hoping that that is still the case on delivery day.