Chris Strimmers Poll Rob should have done | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Chris Strimmers Poll Rob should have done

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 400SPYDER, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

"Do you think Chris should have been given a ban for his avatar?" (one day ban or not

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Then may I respectfully suggest that you personally (off-line) invite him to rejoin as "Reggie." or "reggie" or some other variation of his previous incarnation?;)

2. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Night John boy.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I am dumfounded where you are making this stuff up from. I haven't banned a single person in the UK section the past week except for Chris. Well, there was Chaa who posted a bikini picture right after I posted the rules not to. Pretty funny, but still a 1 day ban.

4. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Pictures please (with health warning in title). We will in return post pictures of some of our farming girls to compare.

5. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Probably best not to......
    Some American chappie wil post a picture of a cat wearing a lime asking for pictures, and the ever obliging Wolfgang will provide them!
    They will all be in the wrong section, the USA section will be blamed for starting it, the Euro section will be blamed for continuing it, and everyone will declare war on the UK section just for the hell of it and 'cos the suggestion came from our section.......from YOU,ROB!!!:D:D:D

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Before I posted my proposal, I went back and read every single post relating to this. I was OK with most, but reggie was one of the couple that really went overboard. I think a friend of Chris? I will apologize to Chris, if reggie wants to reregister he can. I'm not part of his fan club though.

7. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Rob, I think you need to understand Reggie's relationship with Chris, he's eternally grateful to Chris for getting news of his son to him, when his boy was on one of the trains bombed in London, and poor Reggie was literally on the other side of the world in New Zealand, frantic with worry! He leapt to the defence of someone he owes a great debt to! Put in that context, maybe you can appreciate why he may have been a little over-zealous in the defence of his friend?;)

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    understood.

9. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Rob,

my feelings are very much in line with the consensus of the people that posted. I don't know you or Chris so I have no axe to grind either way. I think the basic comments that are coming out are:

1) you have created great forum that we all want to be part of and enjoy very much

2) no-one disagrees that the forum needs rules to work well and that you are perfectly entitled to set your rules on your site. Individuals can agree or disagree with them. They can discuss them but if they are unhappy to abide by them, they can leave or be forced out. This you have made this clear.

3) The overwhelming majority of the UK section that has responded however, has expressed the opinion that, the way you chose to enforce the rules was inappropriate and heavy handed. Unfortunately, when this started, your "inappropriate" response caused, arguably, a commensurate reply from someone that thought he had been treated unfairly. That is why, I think, most feel that Chris's reaction was more justified and why they are taking his side on this. What happened next was that the UK section was trying to convey to you, how badly you dealt with the situation and asking you to admit that you are at fault. In turn, you were taking this as an attack on your authority and the rules of the site. Your ensuing poll and comments, further aggravated the situation as it seemed you were distorting the feedback from what it was meant to be (i.e. feedback on your conduct) to feedback following or not following rules.

I hope I am summing it up by saying that we do want to follow the rules and as a collective we are not attacking them. On the other hand our overwhelming feedback is that the rule enforcement was executed particularly badly and the comments, polls and threats that followed served to worsen the situation, something unbecoming of a level headed moderator.

You have apologized to some extent to the forum for your conduct, and you have made changes to your approach showing that you have taken what was said on board. We have said that we want to continue this community and we do follow the rules. Now that we have all expressed ourselves, hopefully there will be some understanding of the causes and effects to this and we can start to move on to more constructive and enjoyable conversations. I am sure we all have enough troubles of our own to have to deal with such nonsense in our spare time.

Philip

P.S and I only set out to write 3 lines !

10. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Well, as an agitator and the re-operner and general pain in the butt to Rob, I'm quite happy with his last response. (I did have a little South African white when I posted, but refrute the drunk slur) :)

The weight of response from the UK has been amazing, all heart felt and with true conviction. I thank Rob for his appology and for the community spirit the UK section has shown each other.

As an "olive branch" gesture, I shall change my "bird on GT4 bonnet" avator (you're right Andy, it wasn't me) to Black Shadow, leader of the Power Rangers...!

As you were :D

11. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    Rob,
    I'm going to post this as oppose to PM'ing you as you have publically posted this on another thread. I take great offense that you have called all the UK users BLOODY BRITS!!! You have totally gone against your own rules which I quote are: no flaming which can be construed as harrassment,insulting,belittleing etc. Well you have just insulted and belittled the whole of the UK section and I think an open apology is due.

12. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    No s*** sherlock. If it had been I think I might have tried chatting you up at the drive out.

But really. The Power Rangers? Almost deserving of a ban in itself you nonce :D

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Now this is the funniest post I've seen all day.

14. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Can anything more be had from keeping this thread open? I'd sure like to close it and move on... :)

Rob, does your apology stand for all the patronising generalisations that the UK members felt you made. Words such as, "dense", "drunk", "jerks", "******* jerks" or "blow hards" spring to mind? I thought it did but there seems some question about how complete your apology was.

Rob has apologised to Chris, and Reggie is permitted to set himsef up again (only option after being deleted, tough, but that's just the way it is). If upon their return they still have issues, then we can discuss them (we are never scared to dissect and discuss at length in this section :)).

Let's not all lose our humour over this.

So, can we all please kiss and make up before we either;
    1.) have a duel to the death over a breakfast of cold steel.
    2.) have a visit from the UN special envoy for peace,
    3.) start swinging handbags at ten paces. :)

"all we are saying...."
    "is give peace a chance....." ;)

With frank admiration to all my eloquent, concerned, egalitarian, V8, liberated, colourful, grumpy, V12, petulant, beautiful, careless, lovely, Zymol-loving, UK chums. And SteveF..... :D

Bury this dispute before it buries us!

15. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    I take great offense to your post as Ive never had a sense of humour:)

16. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Self imposed ban accepted for noncey/Power Ranger related conduct... you will not see me here for 24 hours. :D

Stig. As always, wise words. Thank you.

17. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Duly noted, you humourless pillock! :D

18. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    Must have lost it in the sex change op for the new avatar- you're looking well on it though!

19. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    EXTERMINATE.....EXTERMINATE......:)

20. Nicola

Nicola Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Northampton
    Just thought, am I allowed to look at myself?

So there will be some flesh on view to others (well if I leave the curtains open).

Hope I am not being offensive (time I covered the mirrors...lol)

21. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #71 tonyh, Jul 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

23. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i will be washing your windows tonight love nightshift perks mmmmmm nikola

24. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Phew, what a day!

Seems like this has now come to a natural end. Hopefully peace will now break out all over the forum and there'll be a baby boom in 9 months!

If anybody has the burning desire to post a naked picture then please please please email it to me first for approval. This has no bearing on whether we'll allow it but at least that way I can add one more pic to my collection :)

Hopefully we're all now fully aware of the posting rules and we'll all (me included) make an effort to adhere to them

I'm closing this now in an effort to restore some normality to the place. PM me if you disagree

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I've completely enjoyed everyones company the past few days. ;) I got to know some users that I don't usually see around elsewhere in the community. I'm sure to your disappointment I've had my yearly quota of the UK Forum and I can't take any more. Please don't throw rocks at my head as I walk off into the sunset and DEFINITELY don't follow me to Texas! :D We are peaceful people there all the way until when the guns are drawn.

GrahamS and sletti are great moderators, so please respect that they're only trying to make this a good environment for everyone. It is a tough thankless job. If you need to beat up on someone, please beat up on me, but you know I fight back. :cool: