F430 approved oils | FerrariChat

F430 approved oils

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Martyb777, Sep 21, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Martyb777

Martyb777 Rookie

Mar 13, 2022
    Full Name:
    Marty Bauer
    So, have read a good deal of threads on engine oil for the 430, they are all over the place. I want to stay with oil that is approved by Ferrari that I can find here in the US. Is their a list produced by ferrari?? I see a lot about the Penn euro but understand it no longer meets approval. I don’t track my car so it’s probably not a big deal what I use but I do want something Ferrari approved for the car.

thanks all.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    In the 430 section there's a thread that's less than a week old with an extensive discussion

3. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    Search Dr. Haas and Motor Oil for a real thrill. I have experimented for decades using thin oils in high performance engines. The "thick" oil guys hate me even though I have always presented evidence of the lowest wear using thinner oils. Many oils thin with use for example the 10W60 Shell oil recommended for the Enzo becomes a 40 grade oil in no time at all. I would rather use a grade stable 40 grade oil. I have used as thin as a 20 grade oil in my Enzo with little to no wear, less than as with the 60 grade recommended oil.

As long as it is a brand name oil it probably makes absolutely no difference. Everybody has their own favorites. My favorites are Red Line and what I use most often, Renewable Lubricates Inc. I am currently using the RLI oil, 0W30 in my 812 Superfast. I routinely used 0W20 oil in the Murcielago, Bentley and RR cars. Tests always confirm less than "normal" wear levels. There is also the added benefit of more power and better fuel economy.

Ali

PS: I do not track my cars. It is possible that thicker grades may be needed but it has to be tested on the track. One person on F-Chat saw cooler running engines when using thinner oils on the track. It's all about temperature and pressure in your application. Things that run hotter wear more. Remember that wear is most when the engine is in the first 15-20 minutes of use until the oil temperature get up to the appropriate level.

4. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    I use Mobile. If you’re not reving crazy, any oil works. One of the old Castrol commercial did an engine test, in the fine print, reving 9k rpm

I think factories won’t use cheap brands, they must get a kick back from the oil company stating that’s their preferred brand

5. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Mobil not Mobile.