Head rolling has begun... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Head rolling has begun...

Discussion in 'F1' started by furoni, May 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Same here, I like to visit some other countries, but not to live. In fact, although we moan about Britain, it's the best place FOR ME.
    I don't care much about food, wine, sun and seaside, but I like the Britishness, an open society with liberal views, tolerance, few taboos and a good sense of humour. Essential ingrédients for a happy life FOR ME, that I cannot find anywhere else.

of2worlds, showme1946 and MalcQV like this.
  2. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Loved it !!!

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I love to travel (unfortunatly have not done much of that lately...as Bas said, small kids, lolo) but i can't see myself living outside Europe, and i do like Portugal very much, for all the political stupidity, corruption, etc, etc, i like it, it's home, so i love to get out but i love to return...i've been to many places, some of them i wouldn't go now (Egypt comes to mind), never been to England, maybe will this year.....love Italy, like the food also, wich by the way i hear is the worst part in England!...that and the weather of course!

daytona355 likes this.
  4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I lived and worked or had a business in 5 different countries: Britain, France, Belgium, Morocco and Norway.
    For business, Britain is the best of that lot, closely followed by Norway because they are very business minded.
    France is very bureaucratic and has an anti-business mentality; from officials putting obstacles, to taxation, or industrial relations, everything gets in the way.
    Belgium is only slightly better than France; the work ethic isn't high there either, I found.
    The worst being Morocco which was a bad experience for me, because riddled with corruption; that's one thing to avoid at all cost, corruption.

of2worlds and Flavio_C like this.
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Absolutely, Forza Ferrari

6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That was likely John barnards office, Guildford I think, when Enzo hired him he refused to work in Italy, so convinced the old man to let him stay here and design the car. Result - load of bloody rubbish, and he got the push

7. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Lends a new meaning to "Brit Box".

8. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    No matter how good or bad she looked even the worst sex I ever had was pretty darn good

furoni and daytona355 like this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What’s a Brit box? Sorry, that phrase has passed me by previously I think

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ferrari can sack whoever they desire really, but the question to be asked isn’t about the sackings, it’s about the quality of the replacements. They can sack the entire staff, but what’s lacking is key support and skill in certain areas, I hope ferrari have already got the staff in place, or recently hired, to enhance the areas in which we are lacking. We should have an entirely separate design team designing a B car using the same ethos as the Mercedes that is kicking our ass, and be trying to get that ready to launch within a few races. Ferrari has the resources, bloody use them

Bas likes this.
  11. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ahhhhhh, of course..... sorry buddy, English is a common language easily confused (and easily confused regularly describes me!).

Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  13. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    of2worlds likes this.
  14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    gardening leave you mean? lolololololo it's a bad thing for sure!!!

15. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Actually food is very good. We cook food from all over the world and have some fabulous restaurants. I have been told the national dish of the UK is now an Indian curry :D

Makuono, stavura, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  16. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    So long as the hedge is nicely trimmed, I think you're good.
    Sent from my Nexus 6 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

daytona355 and Jakuzzi like this.
  17. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    That was one office, but in the early 2000s, another technical office was opened basically to qualify suppliers. Barnard was already gone.

daytona355 likes this.
  18. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Ferrari: new technicians are fished after Marchionne's autarchy in Maranello

The former president had promoted the second and third rows of the Reparto Corse to relaunch the Scuderia, while Mattia Binotto is focusing on new recruits coming from outside (in particular Red Bull Racing) to complete a puzzle with tiles covering the weak points of the team.

Does the SF90's lack of performance begin to claim its victims within the Racing Department? Mattia Binotto is very adept at damming the objective difficulties of the Red Army because he promptly puts his face to explaining what is not working, but the team principal is working hard to strengthen the technical structure (sort of simulation) which, evidently, has shown more than a gap.

In addition to the release of Giacomo Tortora from the Ferrari simulation department, the departure of Alessandro Cinelli, head of the aerodynamic performance assessment group, historic representative of the Maranello team for 17 years, is also recorded.

The feeling is that the promotion of internal forces that had been wanted by Sergio Marchionne to release the ideas present within the Scuderia has come to an end: the volcanic former president had been able to find resources in the Racing Department that had been put on the sidelines by the management of the English Pat Fry and James Allison, technical directors who had brought their trusted people to Maranello.

The most striking example was that of David Sanchez, an imaginative French aerodynamicist who had fallen into oblivion on the edge of the Scuderia and who was recovered at the time of Dirk De Beer's exit in 2016.

Flanked by Enrico Cardile, the aerodynamicist who had taken care of the 488 GTE in Antonello Coletta's GT department, the transalpine launched a revolutionary construction philosophy with the flow conveyor mounted in front of the very backward bellows of the SF70H, which opened a trend of development then copied by all, Mercedes excluded.

With Cardile promoted to the "coordinator" of the SF90 project in the role left by Simone Resta, Sanchez has taken another step forward and since February has been appointed head of the Cavallino aerodynamics.

And then we understand why now Ferrari needs to reinforce its staff by fishing new technicians from the outside. Simone Resta can become a horse of return, but the name of the dt Alfa Romeo did not enthuse Binotto when journalists reminded him of it as a sign that he will not return as chief designer.

In Maranello capable engineers are arriving, but no name of cry. These are top figures in their fields, able to give a new jolt to an environment that can never sit on their laurels. For example, we are talking about Marco Adurno, an Italian who had established a good reputation in Red Bull Technology as head of the group that dealt with data analysis and simulation.

Following Peter Mlinaric arrived in Maranello almost a year ago always from Milton Keynes to give new impetus to the CFD department and new technologies. It should come as no surprise that the focus was on Red Bull, a team considered to be the master in the construction of single-seaters with a great downforce capable of compensating, at least in part due to the lack of power of the Renault engines, first, and Honda, today.

Ferrari is therefore changing its skin: Mattia Binotto's Scuderia is being born in silence. He is putting every piece of the puzzle in his place and who knows if the Red one starts to win ...

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-finita-autarchia-di-marchionne-a-maranello-si-pescano-nuovi-tecnici/4398110/&prev=search

of2worlds, chrixxx, stavura and 3 others like this.
  19. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Ahhh! That's why there are no gardens in Brazil. ;)

daytona355, Flavio_C and Hocakes like this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap...very minimalistic...of course you also have the amazonia!!!

Jakuzzi and daytona355 like this.
  21. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Lets face it, Ferrari don't really have a good track record in F1 despite the heritage and the top technical people in there time.

Car
    Designer Race Victories
    1. 312B - Forghieri 10 wins
    2. 312T - T5 - Forghieri 27 wins
    3. 126C series Forghieri - Posthelwaite 10 wins
    4. 156/85 ditto 2 wins
    5. F186 Posthelwaite 0 wins
    6. F187 - Gustav Brunner 3 win
    7. 640 - John Barnard 3 wins
    8. 641 - Scalabroni / Nichols 6 wins
    9. 642 - Nichols / Migeot 0 wins
    10. 643 ditto 0 wins
    11. F92A ditto 0 wins
    12. F93A Migeot 0 wins
    13. 412T1 John Barnard / Brunner 1 win
    14. 412T2 Barnard 1 win
    15. F310B Barnard 8 wins
    16. F300 Byrne 6 wins
    17. F399 - Byrne 6 wins
    18. F2000- Byrne - 10 wins
    19. F2001 Byrne - 10 wins
    20. F2002 Brawn / Byrne 15 wins
    21. F2003 ditto 7 wins
    22. F2004 ditto 15 wins
    23. F2005 Costa / Bryne 1 win (bridgestone debacle)
    24. F248 ditto 9 wins
    25. F2007 Costa / Tombazis 9 wins
    26. F2008 Costa/Almondo/Tombazis 8 wins
    27. F60 Costa / Tombazis 1 win
    28. F10 Costa / Tombazis / Luca 5 wins
    29. F150 Costa / Tombazis 1 win (costa joins Mercedes)
    30. F2012 Fry / Tombazis 3 wins
    31. F138 Tombazis / Resta / Fry 2 wins
    32. F14T - Tombazis / Bryne / Allison 0 wins
    33. SF15T Allison / Resta 3 wins
    34. Sf16H Allison / Resta 0 wins
    35. SF70H - Binotto / Resta / Cardile 5 wins
    36. Sf71H - Binotto 6 wins
    37. SF90 - Binotto - 0 wins
    It should be noted the some technical directors (TD) appear to be credited with an immediate success but i personally think the previous TD should have the honours as the car was formulated the previous year. ie the 641

There are no idiots in the list above but letting Costa go in 2011 and joining Mercedes to develop the F1WO4 with 3 wins and then the W05 with 16 wins I think marks a strategic error by SF to dump the guy

Tony

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It was Ferrari scoring an own-goal; a massive blunder for which they still pay to this days.

Although Costa's influence may be less now, he is the one who put Mercedes on the way to domination.

Sig. Roma and furoni like this.
  23. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I don´t think so. I think their engine alone gave them the first 3 championships But they used to struggle with tyres, with was more within Costa´s competences.

There are lots of people working on that car. I suppose if you ask Paddy Lowe, he´d tell that he deserves most of the credit...

furoni and daytona355 like this.
  24. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    On 14 June, I'll be in Bologna at a book event, and Aldo Costa will be the principal speaker. My guess its more about interesting engineering students to consider a career in Formula 1. Not sure what else will be on the program except an evening meal.

TonyL and of2worlds like this.
  25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Aldo is a heck of a speaker, if a little dry.... I’ll be in St. Andrews at a Ferrari Portofino test assuming my health picks up enough to fly

of2worlds and Sig. Roma like this.