I am an addict....I need help. Are there others like me in this community? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I am an addict....I need help. Are there others like me in this community?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tomf-1, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Tom said, "thanks, Julie-- If all goes as expected, I won't have any choice. Send me your address. I'll be home (your home) a week from this Sunday....LOL"

Ah, I could always toss the Porsche and RX7 out of the garage for you, no problem, lol.

- Julie

2. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Sweet....Just for clarification, is the space in the garage for my new 550 or is that my new living quarter..or both? lol.

3. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Vic-- Glad to know you share my enthusiasm enough to take a peek...lol.

Seller and I will need to resolve the missing Forinora Package (found out yesterday it wasn't available until the 2000 US model). I'm granting seller the benefit of doubts and assume the listing error is simply sin of ignorance rather than sin of malice.

Will get to the right answer and will keep you posted.

ps: Leave that office....Go home and enjoy the rest of your Sunday, would ya?

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I can't believe you guys.....having to hide your cars from the females in your lives...or bribe them with something expensive or 'ask' for permission or 'beg' forgiveness.

Unless 'they' are paying the bills and you aren't earning the money for your cars...there is no excuse for having to sneak and beg and ask to spend what you have worked hard for.

I'm not trying to start anything but man....if I had to 'ask' permission or buy her a car too....I'd think that I signed up with the wrong ticket.

Ciao, Ciao

5. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    I happen to live through this same situation but with my 1:18 ferrari models everytime I buy a new one ( i have 55 so far.........) my girlfriend complains saying I'm crazy and I have to buy her stuff . So the moral here is: Ferrari disease don't respect size or budget. and about the models let me tell you something: they can be 18 times smaller but their passion remains untouched.

6. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Ahh....the single life:D. Argghhhh...the broke-ass life of a 21 y.o college student :(.

Lol. I have none to worry about or answer to other than myself, but i'm doing nothing constructive with this precious time.

*Note to self*: Marry a car gal. Or at least one that doesn't know much about cars. Then i could pass off the $180k Ferrari off as a $23k celica when confronted about the purchase:D.

7. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Tom- sick? Hell no, you're very well my friend :) We should all be so 'sick!'

Might do to tell the wife though. Or you could just say "look, the 512 is back from the body shop!"

FHP was a mid-2000 introduction IIRC. The car may have had the FHP added later on (possible.) or it might be a later model...

It may have been a mid-98 option add in Europe however, and the car might have been imported and US Federalized. (not a big deal if done properly, and a 98 is out of warranty already so that issue's gone.)

PS: you have PM.

8. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ben--THANK YOU.....THANK YOU....You are so very kind for offering to stop by the shop and check it out. I PM'ed you the F-dealership address. Again, I can't thank enough for your generous offering of time and resources. Next time you are in KS....Well, come to think of it, next time I am in SF (LOL), first round is on me.

9. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    The comment about the 512 getting from the body shop...that just kills me! LMAO!!

Tom, you could sleep on the couch, car would stay in the garage...unless you two would feel more comfortably switching on the sleeping arrangements, lol!

Do you have a name for it, by the way, or any of your other Ferraris?

Heh, here's an idea...name it after your wife's mother (if she loves her). Now THAT just might do it!

Put tears in her eyes, heheheheh. I do wonder what kind of wonderful wife you have! She must be inspirational to you.

- Julie

10. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Okay, I have been to Noel Blanc's house in the past (Mel Blanc's son, who was best known for Bugs Bunny's voice) - he had a whole complex built for his extensive car collection in Beverly Hills.

But he's a woman hater...I sat there in his house, and he and my (ex)friend named Al just talked for an hour or two about how bad women were. How they were all gold diggers, etc. I pointed out that maybe they kept going after the kind of women who tended to be that. They just talked over me.

I got completely fed up, and felt ignored. I had hoped he was a decent guy. Yes, I wanted to look at his car collection, but this was rediculous.

If you are a nice guy, it's perfectly fine to have a car collection - just maintain them well! That's all I ask.

But this guy...I thought we would have spent an hour or two going over every car!

So, I wanted to leave. He got snotty with me, and asked me, if I was so smart, what kind of car was hiding under the car cover in his driveway?

I told him by the shape, it was a '57 Edsel. His jaw dropped, his friend who brought me laughed.

I said I only date nice guys...and left. Never saw those two again, didn't need the misery.

So, your wife should be happy with you!

***Anyway, to address the other guys who are single, I think you are missing the point with the wives - A marriage is a PARTNERSHIP!

You can't just go traipsing around and do whatever you want, without thinking of the consequences. You are not single anymore, but you are something more in a marriage.

But if you treat the wife cavalierly and above them, and if you make the majority of the money, you are going to wind up divorced, hated, and possibly lose your precious Ferraris!

Tom and the other married men want to make sure their loves are not going to feel left out.

And for that, guys, you have high marks in my book, any day.

- Julie

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Julie:

Actually, the only reason that we have Ferraris in my house is that we are both into it. Its a common hobby and something that my wife and I can enjoy together.

We just give each other a hard time to keep each other on our toes.

:)

12. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Erik, bustin' our chops, are we, lol?

I'm glad your wife enjoys these car! I loved meeting the other ladies from the local group on Sunday. It was nice talking with them.

- Julie