Massini Report (275 GTB/4 09413) | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Massini Report (275 GTB/4 09413)

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by runflat, Oct 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    This thread is like getting a PhD in Ferrari build and documentation history. There has been amazing insights provided by many members of the forum. This is a great wealth of knowledge for all of us. Thank you

Rick I do have a question that struck me as odd in the response to Marcel's questions. You noted your partner Terry Price had previously owned the car, if I understood correctly, and he answered the potential buyers questions. I respectfully ask, being a owner/broker/dealer would he not have explored this issue during his time in purchasing and then selling the car?

Again I may have misunderstood his role and your response.

Peter

2. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Typical misunderstanding that usually provokes planes crashes ,, pilot assume something and takes decision on this wrong basis...if this exchange would have happened prior to the auction, everything would have been clear and square.

Still some buyers would have thought that the explanation is too complicated and better to stick to a car that either has only one engine number on build sheet ,,or no build sheet available...as once dealer GF told me,,,if you have to explain,,you have a problem. Silly in my eyes, but how the market reacts those days.

However what strikes me in this case, is that apparently knowing there might be a discrepancy none or few of the interested buyer seem to have contacted MM, nor did the auction expert,,and all preferred to stick to the point that either Classiche is correct or MM is correct.

Well turns out that both are correct,,,but they don't speak of the same thing...just a lesson for the future, for buyers, and for experts to remember.

3. Frank_Ford

Frank_Ford Karting

Mar 28, 2014
    Terra
    Full Name:
    Frank Ford
  4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
  5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The owner is a very nice fellow but the interviewer is a twit. Prototype please. And yes it's a V12 not a V8.

wrxmike and readplays like this.