Massini Report

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by jnk, May 6, 2018.

1. Smiles

Smiles Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    They do indeed advertise a program that makes them a quick euro.

Matt

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  2. Schlesser

Schlesser Rookie

Feb 12, 2013

Our very Marcel was recently seen testing the car and his bright smiling is certainly an encouraging start for a quality report with ultimate enlightenment.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. PAUL500

PAUL500 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2013
    I believe that was some time ago, and Marcel simply sat in it for a minute, hardly a test! he seems to like it though by the smile.

If a Massini report was commissioned for the car I imagine it may now be sat in a locked safe at the bottom of the Mariana trench :) as the one from an Italian Fiat 500 organisation was deemed more preferable by the owner to be published for public consumption instead!

4. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy Formula 3

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    After some of the recent comments it pains me to note that my understanding is that Marcel doesn't write the reports on anyone's behalf other than his own. It would be like any court ordered report, unbiased and strictly based on facts and known history. I am sure as a vendor or buyer if you had some documented fact that was not in the report you could possibly get it altered BUT it would have to be documented and proven as fact, not just because you (or your client) wanted to make a quick buck.

This thread about his uncovering an engine swap under warranty which Classiche didn't register or consider anomalous might help explain the lengths and depths Marcel goes to uncover the full history of classic Ferrari's.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/massini-report-275-gtb-4-09413.501807/

My question to some of the posters that post to criticize Marcel's work for their own reasons I must ask, if you dont believe Marcel is impartial, then who is? In my opinion he is up there with Simon Moore, Pierre-Yves Laugier, Terry Larson, Claire Hay, Walter Baumer and Doug Nye (in their various fields) and I just don't understand the rationale for the occasional petty attacks.

375+, davemqv, malcolmjl and 5 others like this.
  5. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    +1

6. PAUL500

PAUL500 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2013
    I don't see anyone questioning a Massini report on this thread, in fact quite the opposite, being unbiased it would highlight any irregularities a particular car may have, that an owner would not actually like to be made public. I dread to think what a report on my project car would read like! :p

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  7. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  8. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy Formula 3

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/250-lm-at-auction-s-n-6045.451449/page-8
    This thread contains the bones of what I was talking about. Type A personalities with a lot of skin in the game are not always happy to know the truth and its often easier to resort to ad hominem attacks.....

PAUL500 likes this.
  9. Schlesser

Schlesser Rookie

Feb 12, 2013
  10. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    So about how much is one of these reports?