Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for 360: Ordered • Installed • Fits! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for 360: Ordered • Installed • Fits!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Alpintourer, Oct 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    I love Michelin tires !!! I have them on all my cars !!!
    For the the Ferrari 360 I put 225/18 front and 275/18 rear SuperSport
    For my Mercedes SL 55 I put 255/18 front and 285/18 Pilot Sport 3 (daily driver, want the tire to last longer)
    For my Porsche 993 C2 I have 225/17 front Pilot Sport 3 and rear 255/17 SuperSport (I need to change this combo, not very happy)

Michelin tires are amazing !!!

ShadowLAP likes this.
  2. FLY360

FLY360 Rookie

Aug 4, 2015
    FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Orndoff
    I put extreme contact sports on my 360, 225/45/18 front and 285/40/18, because I have a steep driveway and they raise the car a bit above the stock sizes. I preferred the RE71's I had before. I'm having balance problems and the steering isn't as sharp. I suggest going with the Michelins.

ShadowLAP likes this.
  3. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    I installed the Firestone Indy 500 on my car and the tire just destroyed the ride and balance of the car. So I just purchased the Michelin Pilot Sports 4S for the 360 in the 225/40ZR18 and 285/35/ZR18 after reading this post. I have Pilot Sports on my 997 and by far the best tire I have ever owned. Hopefully they will be the same on the 360 even though it isn't the "correct" tire size.

sparetireless likes this.
  4. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Will this size fit the starfish wheel? Didn’t think of it but think the modular wheel is wider than the starfish.

5. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    modular wheels are the exact same size as the starfish in diameter and width. the only factory 18" wheel that's wider for the 360 is the 360 Challenge wheel (race car not the CS) which is 0.5" wider front and rear

550nitis likes this.
  6. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Thank you so much for clarifying. Got worried there for a second. Really appreciate it.

7. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I think you will be more than happy with the 4S. Try them and tell me if I'm right :)

steven t evans likes this.
  8. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Had the car aligned and Michelin Pilot Sport 4s installed in 225/40ZR18 and 285/35/ZR18 . It's never handled better. A not trivial side benefit for we who take lots of road trips is a smoother ride as compared to my RE-11's (Which weren't bad) and much quieter. Also tracks very well on California's grooved concrete freeways.

Need4Spd likes this.
  9. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    Thanks for sharing!

Craig

10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    This is such great info. My view is that money on great tires is money well-spent, because they have such a large influence on the car’s ride, handling and road manners. I was concerned when RE-11s were discontinued and couldn’t find MPSS in the right sizes.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

11. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Just installed and changed the car completely. Amazing tires!

cpep likes this.
  12. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am closing in on new tires pretty soon so I read this through. Good to have options. So the Pirelli's are no longer an option or you just wanted to try the Michelins? Also what pressures are you guys running. Ferrari had some data for the Pirelli and Mich. tires that they are to run at different pressures. I follow this guidance myself. From the owners manual.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Hi Kevin,
    Been hearing everyone not liking the current options and saw this thread. The Michelin’s are amazing and have transformed the cars handling. Highly recommend.

14. Racedrvr

Racedrvr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2008
    Kentucky/Florida
    Full Name:
    Don
    I went with the 4S as well. They fit without issues, and the performance and handling are great.

15. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

The 4s is on my list soon as i get back to florida

16. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I will give you all a little secret (that I shared in an older thread https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/new-tires.517612/page-5
    I was the guinea pig that installed 4s in the sizes mentioned in this thread back in February when Michelin announced the release of 18 inch sizes.
    My fronts pilot super sports were still in good condition (more than half life) so I was going to install only the rear ones.
    Michelin has a treadwear warranty, I believe it is 30,000 Miles for staggered sizes combination.
    Discount tire measured my rears and because they only lasted 10k miles they gave the prorated credit of what I paid for the pilot super sports (110 each)
    As I said the fronts were still in good shape so no Michelin credit there
    BUT Discount tire also purchases your old tires from you, they offered me 60 per front tire (which was about the same credit percentage I got from the rear ones)
    So they gave me 340 credit towards the brand new 4s tires, I just checked my receipt and I paid 651.15 installed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f355spider and Kevin Rev'n like this.
  17. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

wow thanks for that info,,thats good to know. Ill certainly be checking into this

18. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Sorry the warranty is 30k for same sizes, 15k for staggered sizes
    So they gave me aprox 33% credit because my rear tires were gone after 10k

19. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    Going to order the PS4, the tire size isn’t exactly factory, but since they seem to have the correct figment and no one had any computer related issues, those would be the first choice. Should come out to right about $1,200 once the mounting and balancing are done ($199 for the fronts, $309 for the rears).

I don’t abuse the car, but I do exercise it.

Thanks for all the advice.

20. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Has anyone using these non oem tire sizes experience abs or acr issues? I’m interested in drivers of pre 2002 models as I understand they are less fire giving on diameters.

I tried by mistake a smaller front tire and I had a random acr issue.. the car would hang at 4000 rpm randomly when accelerating hard.... if u turn off tc it would rev normal.

I put factory sized tires back on and problem gone.. never came back. Car is a 2001 my modena gated. I’m a little gun shy of non oem spec due to this exp.

21. Project JF360

Project JF360 Karting

Oct 29, 2015
    UK/Portugal
    Full Name:
    J0hnF
    My 1999 360F1 has the 18” Challenge wheels (not CS 19’s) and when I first get going the car sticks at about 3/4,000 rpm in limp mode with an error message in the rpm digi-window. But switching off the T/C and it immediately revs normally, including if you switch the T/C back on again after a minute or two of driving. I’ll check out the tyre sizes tomorrow morning as I suspect that the ratios are out compared to OEM - but interesting that the car doesn’t flag the error again once it gets going when switched back - only after initial start up/setting off.

Think they are 285/35/18 Rear and 235/35/18 Fromt. But will check.

22. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Mine was 2003 and no ASR issues which I had before with 23540 and 28540

23. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I don't think I'd do the 4S sizes unless you had your fenders rolled... I've noticed some cracks in the paint on the underside even with stock sizes.

I have the 4S on my 911 though and I'm really happy with them.

24. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What tire pressures are you running on th MP4S?