Navigation Pad Centre Console Help | FerrariChat

Navigation Pad Centre Console Help

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Kendal Ferrari, Jul 12, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kendal Ferrari

Jan 2, 2013
    Hello

I have just bought a 458

It has a problem in that on a road trip I have a 'phantom' sat nav telling me when I'm over the speed limit and constantly trying to redirect me probably back to the city I bought the car in :)
    If I use the sat nav on the right screen this works perfectly well but IN ADDITION to the phantom voice ... other issue is I have a rare car with the Track Pad / Touch Pad installed in the centre console which doesn't seem to work and the previous owner thinks there may be 2 separate navigation systems installed in the car.... but I can't seem to access the 'phantom' one which is really annoying as you can imagine??
    Anyone else have the touch pad control in the centre console fitted as factory option? Are their 2 sat nav systems in the car? Ideas much appreciated R

rob5819 likes this.
  2. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    For the question about the speed limit, page 108 of your manual, most importantly "The function is normally deactivated (OFF):"

Speed limit setting and “Speed limit exceeded” message

The MENU screen page can be used to set a speed limit in the range 30 - 250 km/h (17 - 155 mph) with 5 km/h (3 mph) steps which sends a message to the driver when exceeded. To set the speed limit, call up the MENU screen page by pressing the UP button when the MAIN screen page is activated.

Select “Car setup” and “Speed limit”. To set the value, use the UP and DOWN buttons. When the minimum limit of 30 km/h (17 mph) is reached, press the DOWN button again to deactivate the function or press the UP button after reaching the maximum speed of 250 km/h (155 mph). The function is normally deactivated (OFF). When the set limit is exceeded, the driver is informed in the following way: The symbol showing the set limit and a “Speed limit exceeded” message appear in the top right of the display for 10 seconds accompanied by an acoustic signal. Once the warning cycle has ended, the message disappears whereas the symbol continues to be displayed next to the outside temperature until the speed decreases to 5 km/h (3 mph) below the set limit

I am not familiar with a TrackPad/Touchpad interface to the infotainment system from factory. It sounds exactly like an "upgrade" that Ferrari offered a few years back that replaced the system, but probably did all the audio via an FM transmitter. I don't remember the exact details, but it is discussed here: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/new-458-infotaiment-system-upgrade.601911/. I don't think anyone liked it and I don't think it is offered any more.

And we need pictures,

Rob

3. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    #3 rob5819, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    i read through the thread I posted above and it sounds like you have the "Adaptiv" upgrade that Ferrari briefly offered for the 458 (not factory). It did not end well. If you look specifically at
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/new-458-infotaiment-system-upgrade.601911/page-4#post-146786230 you can see pictures to compare to your system. If you look at https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/new-458-infotaiment-system-upgrade.601911/page-6#post-146993484 there is possibly a way to turn the "upgrade" off and just use the normal system (which has many complaints of its own).

Please update with pictures of the system and car. I was interested in the audio upgrade when I first heard about it, but all the feedback was very negative. I'm guessing the original system is setting the speed limit and giving you bad navigation systems, but you are accessing the "upgraded" system that does not control those functions.

Best of luck,

Rob

4. Kendal Ferrari

Jan 2, 2013
  5. Kendal Ferrari

Jan 2, 2013
    Personally I like using my iPhone with Waze so don't need any 'car' sat nav at all....

thanks for your help though... it's going to dealer for MOT late September so maybe they can deactivate? Oddly the previous owner didn't have the issue but maybe when he disconnected the battery it went loopy???

6. Kendal Ferrari

Jan 2, 2013
    PS I have the speed limit warning system set at 100mph... though it doesn't seem to activate ;)