Official Monterey 2004 Write-up and Pics Thread... | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Official Monterey 2004 Write-up and Pics Thread...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Aug 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Look familiar?

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto

he was actually quite charming.

best thing is i managed to interview him for 45 min then road and track showed up and he said to them... Guys I am really sorry but i have to be somewhere.... and he took off on them HAHA

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

:D

4. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#304 maranelloman, Aug 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That white 512BB looks awesome.

Is that a custom kit, or is it a Koenig or something?

6. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    on sunday night there was a red 360 parked outside the Portola Plaza that had a HUGE dent in its passenger side front wheel. anyone know what they hit?

Also being back in Dallas now it has been 48 hours since I have seen a Ferrari... It was getting to the point that it was like eh just another enzo....

got to meet so many Fchatters....

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    So that is definitely 2643? One of its former owners, Bob Taylor, is the gentleman who sold me my 328! In fact he also gave me a print of a painting he had made of the car. But that's the first time I've seen it in blue.

8. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    Maybe this question been ask already, To F-chat admin ( Rob , Brian...). Why don't we break down each thread by each day or each event? One thread for CI, one for Laguna Seca, one 4 Quail, one 4 Pebble Beach, one 4 FCA events, one 4 dinners and socials, and so on... That will make it more specific, reduce redundancy. This thread will contain 2 weeks worth of cars-fest and so far 16 pages and counting already( I'll go up to 100+ pages easily). Because of this, it will turn alot of people off from posting pics... ie. me. Is this a good suggestion? Thanks, Henry

9. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    FCA at Quail

The above poster(htran) shown with Jim, the owner of the car

10. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Just hung up with my Tow Truck Driver who was at the track this morning and the F50GT-1 went off AGAIN, and hit the wall off of turn 11 coming onto the main straight. Once again, first lap out. Dirver unknown, pictures I am SURE too follow.

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Great idea. This thread is one of the best i've seen on Fchat but it's hard work figuring out which cars go with which part of the event.

12. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Uh oh......that hurts...anyone know the extent of the damage, thats HORRIBLE!

13. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

This may not be accurate but doesn't it seem like most of these track accidents are people getting on it without their tires warmed up? Seems fundamental, but people don't seem to get it. I don't know the real story here but if it happened on the first lap this would be the first guess..........

14. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
  15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yes, CAPTIONS would be NICE....just a thought..of course we know JiM G. and Jay Leno so that's all good.......

16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    And so if the International Police Of All Things Concerning Ferrari Correctness did not come by and rip Jim's sign off, tear it up, throw it on the ground and burn it while leading him off in handcuffs................

Would that MEAN anything???????????? Just wondering................

17. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    Love this thread and the pictures are awesome...its has been GREAT FUN looking at everyones pictures trying to find my car at Concorso. I even found one of my car on the Alfa site with the hood up yet I am no where near the car in the picture, the only time I am aware of the hood open was when I was showing the motor to someone. Found some better pictures of my Dino than even I took so far, keep them coming. Already planning next year

18. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    me too. If it is 2643, the spoiler and paint job (and perhaps interior upholstery) are relatively recent additions. I don't have a Pebble Beach entry list, so I honestly have no idea. Someone else will know for sure. It ran #12 and had the racing stripe at Le Mans in 61, so it would make sense.
    In 1962 it ran white with blue stripes (NART colors). As you can see, until recently, it has been red.
    Perhaps it was put back to its original '61 specs. Don't know about the spoiler though.

19. ART360

ART360 Guest

Great time. Met a lot of great people. Sure like Dr. Tax, a very good guy. The dinner was great, got burned on the cars by Sunday however, how many Ferraris can you see in one place? Had lunch with Jim, after seeing his absoutely great P3/4. He has a pic of himself when in college. Jim: you need to post that pic. got to see Dan & associates get a little drunk, a good time was had by all.

Great time guys.

Art

20. Coujer

Coujer Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    Carmel, CA
    Full Name:
    Laurent C. Richard
    Wow, I wished I would of gone. I live only an hour and a half away from monterey. Looks like it was a great turn out.
    Thanks for posting the pics.

21. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    Love your photo album. I need to make one myself. I also have pics from FCA events ( concours, dinner, rally, track...) and at FNA event-unvielling 575 spyder ( camera phone did the job!) At pebble, I was fortunate to have a MBZ pass to go inside the Lodge- celebs sighting heaven. Thanks for posting your album. Henry

22. exoticalex

exoticalex Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Full Name:
    Alex L
    You definatly missed out! It was the most amzing gathering of exotics I have ever seen!

Once again, thanks for all the pictures!

23. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    And maybe here?

24. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    EVERYBODY is asking about the 575 Spider man!

Where's the Pics????

There's actually another thread on that one event..........

25. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney