The Vodka Thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Vodka Thread

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by TexasF355F1, May 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DevonL

DevonL Formula 3

Mar 13, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Devon
    If you're unable to find any and would like some shipped to you, feel free to PM me.

2. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
    Is it true that vodka tastes much better after passing through a Brita filter?

3. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    absolut is good ... grey goose is a bit over-priced ...

ronfrohock likes this.
  4. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#54 Bradwilliams, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
    Yes, this is 100% true. I did this ALL THE TIME during my college days. Heard about the myth through an older fraternity brother. Went to Target and found one of those huge gallon britas. I would take half gallon bottles of kamchatka vodka ($9.99 that I never had to pay for) and run them through the brita four times. I would then fill up empty bottles of Grey goose and Belvedere set them on my table before parties, and let my neighbor sorority go to town on them. It was always fun to watch them enjoy while snickering in the background. Hehehe. They had NO idea. It doesn't make the vodka taste any better. it just removes the harsh edge that you get with **** vodka. And 9 out of 10 people won't know the difference because they're not vodka connoisseurs or anything. Haven't pulled this trick since. Although when I moved into my liveout apartment senior year I brought the infamous filter with me. My good friend found it in the kitchen, loaded it up with water and started drinking it. That was hilarious. It had never had water in it before.

5. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
    Interesting I will have to try that. The bottle of vodka I'm slowly nursing is from the bottom shelf of the spirit store, some $10 cheapo. I always get a headache afterwards, even though I only have a little bit. Maybe the Brita filter will get out the nasties and I'll get consequence-free vodka

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I was looking at vodka the other day, and saw a 'root beer' flavor. Don't remember the brand.

7. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon
    Three Olives?

They also make a bubble gum flavored vodka (haven't tried it yet, don't know if I really want to).

Someone just came out with a cotton candy flavored vodka as well. Pass.

8. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Curious if anyone has thoughts on Fris vodka? It seems a bit harsh, but quite a decent deal for what it sells for in my neck of the woods...

9. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I'm not into vodka but I've noticed the undeniable popularity of the half pints they keep behind the cash register at my local, well-barred and bunkered ABC store.

Not sure the name, but the buyers always call them by their notable descriptor: "gimme haf-pint Blue Top". $1.72 for half pint.

There's also "Red Top" but it's $1.92, much less popular.

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Tito's is "okay" but Val swears by Dripping Springs.

11. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    Grey Goose is my weapon of choice. I find nothing more enjoyable than a Grey Goose on the rocks when I am out and about.

12. whupwhup

whupwhup Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Stoney Creek, ON
    Full Name:
    Kash
    Ketel One is my choice for vodka

Status was good too - different enough that I remember it.

13. rgm35

rgm35 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    Valley Forge, Naples
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Ultimate and Pravda for smoothness and Zyr for that famous Russian afterbite.

14. 4ZA ITALIA

4ZA ITALIA Karting

Dec 17, 2009
    PDX OR
    Full Name:
    Brad Lee
    For price and quality Polish vodka is the thing for me. Luskasova is good but Sobieski is better and cheaper ($12.50 per 750 ml around here).

15. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    #65 RacerX_GTO, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ~Nemiroff LEX~
    Made in Ukraine

I got my hands on this over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it, more than I expected. Exquisite, crisp taste with just a hint, and I mean a hint of sweetness. The first sips awoken my palette to indulge in something quite special. A top tier quality. The bottle is all glass with plastic cap. The inverted silver pyramid trim is part of the glass with a metal LEX badge affixed.
    This vodka had a cameo appearance in Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" music video.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    That would be Luksusowa ;)

Wyborowa for me. I find 99% of other vodkas either horrible in taste or way overpriced in comparison.

17. jomoyer

jomoyer Formula Junior

Jul 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Josh M.
    I found some Crop about a week ago, and I'm hooked! After a long Bourbon and Scotch kick, this is definitely one of the best Vodkas I've ever had. I'm on my second bottle already :). I also picked up a bottle of North Shore Vodka on a recommendation - small batch, made from grain, out of Highland Park, IL. I wasn't very impressed. Not terrible, just not very good on my palate when compared to the Crop. Thanks DevonL!

18. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Stoli for me - I like it cold, but straight up.

19. any_1

any_1 Formula 3

Sep 6, 2006
    Sweden
    anyone tried Kaffman Soft? Supposed to be amazing...?

20. Kangiboy

Kangiboy Rookie

Jun 9, 2009
    #70 Kangiboy, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
    Purity Vodka from Sweden.

21. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    No, and Mythbusters even disproved that one as well a few years ago. There is nothing in there to be filtered or react with any filter media. If you want a smooth high-quality distillate, you will pay for it as it is all about what the alcohol was made from, care taken in the distillation as to temperature, and times distilled. If a simple filtering would change things even the cheapest producers would be doing it.

If are in the USA and drinking anything other than American-made spirits from craft distilleries, you are missing out on a lot of really good products. Tito's and Hangar One have been mentioned, but there are many many more to try that are all different. Most if not all of them beat the highest quality imports in every single blind tasting.

22. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
  23. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    bump cause im in the business now lol.....

24. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You can't bump it without supplying a pic at least!

:p

25. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    :D

Ok, just remember, if you're going to drink Grey Goose, drink it with vodka such as Imperia or Kauffman.