Wire Recommendation | FerrariChat

Wire Recommendation

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by JAS12, Aug 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
    I noticed that the rubber boot ends that connects to the plugs have deteriorated and need to be changed. Can the boots be changed? Any recommendations on boots and/or wires and where to source a new set? Does the “skunk” crew still sell the Coil on Plug packs? Thanks, Jason

2. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
  3. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    You can buy new sets from places like Eurospares, but the boots don’t have the Ferrari horse symbol on them. I did not want to pay so much (£1500 - £2000) for a set of unbranded ignition leads. I managed to source 12 NOS Ferrari boots with the logo and sourced enough Beru 7mm copper ignition wire with silicone sleeving, which is needed for the heat that our V12s create. Then I used some instructions from a post on here to make a new set up. You will probably notice that the black plastic “Ferrari “ covers which hold the leads to the engine will be cracked in several places. I was lucky enough to buy a new pair of these plastic covers from a man in Belgium. My original boots were fine so I replaced the leads in these as well. So I have ended up with 2 new sets of leads in the end.

4. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    Thanks for that link ‘man from Belgium’!

bay likes this.
  5. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
    Great advice. Thank you. I tried contacting Cribbj about the Coil over Plug setup but didn’t get a response. Appears his last activity on the site was in 2021. Anyone know how to contact him? If not I will have to try making my own set of wires.

6. Dal308

Dal308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2014
    Coppell, TX
    Full Name:
    Dude
    I contacted Cribbj a year or so ago and he said he lost his harnessmaker, and so far couldn't find someone willing to do these in small quantities. I pm'd him again this March and no response.

If anyone else has more info on the COP project, I'd be interested.

7. dr_rob

dr_rob Karting

Oct 8, 2008
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Same, I'd definitely be interested in the COP. I am refreshing my plugs this weekend as a routine DIY.

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Talk to John and see if he can give you the names of the parts he used and you can build your own harness or have somebody do it. Other owners have done COP on earlier V8s, too, possibly with different coils if you search in the F355 forum.